MG-Rover.org Forums banner

VERY Rare mgf sp cheetah!!

7K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Striker 
#1 ·
This was the car i always wanted to own, its a stunning car and the chances of getting another proper cheetah are about the same as winning the lottery. i dont know exactly how many cheetahs were made but i only know of 3 including this one!!

I am selling this car, very reluctantly, as most people in the f/tf section of this forum already know!

The car currently is running a normal 1.8 vvc engine (its origional engine) with a performance manifold and the standard sp performance exhaust. the charger,pipes,charge cooler and bracket are missing, however i have spoken with pete bland @ turbo technics (who developed the cheetah with sp) and he assures me he has all the parts, it wont cost the world to complete, maybe £1500max to get it back to the standard 210bhp monster it formerly was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The car has just had a new headgasket and drives like a normal f should, although its probably pushing out more bhp due to the manifold and exhaust!

THE CAR:

1998/R MGF Cheetah in nightfire red

Its covered just 58k miles, its just had a full service, new belts ect along with the gasket change.

its had 3 previous owners

it has one off azev alloys exclusive to the cheetah

it also has the full bodykit, standard trim for the cheetah

the interior was re-trimmed by mike satur again this was a standard feature!

It has a matching hood

it also sports a very suitable private plate M6F SP

The car was featured on top gear and was driven by vicki butler henderson

the car was featured twice in mg world

I am having the car valued next week so in the meantime im open to offers, as soon as i have the figure, i will accept the highest offer closest to the quoted price.

Dont miss out on a very rare car, you will not have the chance again, i will never forgive myself for doing this, but with a baby and buying a house it must go.

I would imagine this car will be worth a lot of money in the near future, especially to a collector.

please email me your offer and/or questions nicklewis45@hotmail.com

See less See more
#11 ·
The car is at my dads place in oxford, i havent driven it at all:( but the hgf has been fixed, so im hoping to get at least one drive out of it before it goes. If an enthusiast is willing to buy it, i would hapily take a deposit and hold it for a month or something! Id prefer to do that than sell it to a chav tomorrow

If i did say that in the sale im sure it wouldnt stop them chavving it after i walk away:***:

#17 ·
Sorry Nick - I can't justify the extra over a base VVC I'm afraid. Didn't realise initially that it was sans 'charger...

Shame though, as that bodykit looks schweet.

Mind you, I may find I have a little more money than I was expecting so may get something a bit different to what I was envisaging, anyway.

Best of luck with the sale, mate - hope it goes to someone who'll care for it and get it back to full power!

#20 ·
This car really is gorgeous... I remember seeing the Cheetah at SP Performance ( who were just up the road from me ) when I was learning to drive - no way i could afford it though and i ended up with a G plate 214 GSi!
I really wish this car was up for grabs after I get my profit sharing from work! - Good luck with the sale Nick - I hope it goes to a loving owner.

#24 ·
Dont ask:lol: ive got someone coming around on thursday to look at it. Its Currently up for sale of the princely sum of £4250
New pics:

obviously the interior needs a good clean, but my father hasnt had time to do it.

Im selling because due to complications with my wifes pregnancy, requires us to kove closer to the hospital for a month, meaning to lots of rent:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.