MG-Rover.org Forums banner

SDi injectors - Information for prospective purchasers

141K views 346 replies 88 participants last post by  Neil_C_Rover25 
#1 ·
Following quite a few posts asking about SDi injectors, thought i would resolve a few questions.

Q What car are they from?

A They are found in all SDi/SD models from the following cars:
Rover 400
Rover 200
Rover 600

Q What cars can SDi/SD injectors fit?

A They will be a direct replacement into the following cars:
Rover 45
Rover 25
MGZSTD
MGZRTD

Q What are the approximate power increase after fitting them?

A Without a re-map, approx 130bhp, 200ftlb of torque (depending on additional mods to the car at the time).

With a re-map, approx 150bhp, and 240ftlb of torque (depending on additional mods to the carat the time).

When replacing injectors, always changed the copper sealing washers for new ones. These can be bought cheaply from places such as RimmerBros, or your local Xpart dealer.

Hope this clears things up.

If anybody else wants to add ant further info, then please do so:broon:

Would it be possible for a mod/admin to sticky this please?

Cheers
Dave

See less See more
#39 ·
For me I estimate around 2mpg in town and on a fast run, on a gentle run maybe 5mpg (when less fuel is used anyway, so it only takes a small increase in fuel use to drop the mpg quite a bit).

This is all guesswork though, as I had a ZR before without SDi injectors (but remapped), before the ZS with SDi injectors fitted but not mapped. The ZS weighs a bit more but is more aerodynamic, so it's hard to know exactly how much of the reduced mpg around town is due to the extra weight compared to the ZR, and how much down to injector differences. On a run I haven't hit 60mpg with the ZS yet (only 57mpg, but I've done less long journeys driving sensibly in it), but on the ZR I got over 60mpg twice (64mpg and 69mpg).

Taking into account that remaps to gain 140bhp or there abouts on standard injectors will put extra stress on the fuel pump, I can live with slightly less mpg's with the SDi injectors, as they are not stressing the fuel pump as much, and cost me less than half the price of a remap.

Bang for buck the SDi's win for me, but if I was doing high mileage then I would consider a remap instead.

#52 · (Edited)
whats the difference between these two sets of copper washers?

ERR4621A - which is mentioned at the start of this thread

ERR4621 - which is what i received from the dealer?

ive got slight carbon stains around injectors 1+4 since i fitted my SDi injectors at the weekend. ive cleaned them up and tightened the clamp bolts slightly to see whether its stopped the leak.

i want to get some more copper washers and re-seat the injectors as i recon some dirt has got down the injector well and is stopping it sealing correctly. trouble is the dealer said ERR4621A are on back order, where as from looking online ERR4621 seem readily available

#56 ·
I went to land rover and ordered the washers yesterday as they didnt have them in stock. Asked for l series injector washers and the bloke said, Oh I will need a chassis number for that. :S Really? Then he said there not in stock they will be here Friday :slap:Okkaaaaaaaaaay then. Will check part number, and compare looks when I pick them up tomorrow? How vital is the tightening of them as I have heard they need to be done to the correct torque?
Also, on a standard zrtd 103bhp i think, with boost at 19psi (will reduce to 19psi again when fitted) and fuelling slightly adjusted what gains should I expect?
Thanks

#58 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.