MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG ZR 2006 Central Locking Module Problem

6K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  xX_o2_Xx 
#1 ·
can anyone help please, i have an MGZR 2006, i have been told that the central locking module, has gone and i need a new one. The car locks off the fob, but does not open the doors. I can Open the drivers door only with the key, the boot will open with the fob. The passenger door is deadbolted, it will not open even from the inside. has anyone any ideas how to fix this problem thankyou

#2 ·
This sounds like a relay has failed in the BCU (coil has gone open circuit). easy to fix if you have a relay and are okay with a soldering iron and sucker.

The pektron unit is ~ £125 from pektron over the internet. This will need programming with the fobs but you will require the fob bar codes to do this.

Check with your local dealer.

#4 ·
My friend bought a zr but it has a weird issue.

When the drivers door is open all the locks spazz. Constantly lockimg and unlocking.

Whwn its shut everything is fine again.

As a temporary solution I disconected the pin button which detects whether the door is open or closed.

This has stopped the locks spazzing but now when he unlocks the car with fob it locks almost immediately after.

Can still get in and use car.

Its a 53 plate with the round fob.

Also the intermitent wiper function doesn't work

#9 ·
The drivers door latch contains two switches which tell the SCU if the door is opened or closed.

You can test the switch signals on a Black/Pink and Black/Orange wires at the lock wiring.

There is no need to go down the ridiculously expensive route of fitting a new SCU and new fobs.

Most SCU's can be repaired and even if the board is scrap (rare) the data from the original can be copied into a used board to create a clone.

#11 ·
The old owner unplugged the drivers door loom to stop the risk of being loked in if the door lock screws up.

It still did it.

The only thing that stops it doing it is removing the screw from the door pin as I believe this cuts the earth from the buttons circuit?

It leads me to think their is a issue with the earthing or maybe even tailgate wiring split and touching the chasis?.

I'll take a video next time my friend brings the car over :)

i have central locking modules for sale

S
I should have spares in the shed if i can find them :p.

Thanks anyway :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.