MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Different part - Same part problem!! (MGF)

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RichardPhillips 
#1 ·
Well, here we go again!

After waiting for 3 weeks for my gear cable to arive at the dealership a couple of months ago I find myself in the same situation again. This time the clutch arm needs replacing. So far I have waited 2 weeks with nobody telling me what is going on and more importantly having to spend £10 a day and 2.5 hours on public transport for a 15 mile trip!!

What the hell are Cat Logistics/MG rover playing at?, why are there not enough parts on the shelf, it's not as if it's the most reliable car in the world.

Does anyone else have these problems with getting hold of parts, can we do something about it?

P155 ED off again

Andy

#3 ·
I agree Cat logistics/parts manufacturers aren't doing MG any favours, but MGR aren't doing themseleves any favours either. My car was off road for four months during the start of the changeover and every bit of faith I had in MGRover evapourated. If they can't get parts the VERY LEAST they could have done was provide an explanation. NONE, nothing, not a word. I rang the "help"desk, the parts line (engaged or not answered), wrote letters (with no reply) and just got increasing exasperated. If MG can't get the parts through no fault of their own they should AT THE LEAST communicate the difficulties to the customer.

Now that I have my car back on the road the issues have become a distant memory and I remember why I bought such a good car. BUT if MGR want to keep their customers for their next car purchase, they need to invest in some real customer relations.

#6 ·
Mega said:
Don't hear of any troubles at Honda, mine you the parts are vastly better so i expect they don't go wrong to begin with.

Just look up your local Honda dealership, and forget your troubles (and MDR).
Mega.
Really? :lol: Honda and MGR used the same parts for some of their cars, particularly during the partnership that existed prior to the B*W takeover. It would not surprise me in the slightist if the parts supplier for your Honda supplied MG Rover as well. In some cases the parts will be identical and possibly from the same molds or jigs! Where Honda are arguably more sucessful is actually securing a continuity of supply although virtually every major car maker employs a just-in-time method of supply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.