MG-Rover.org Forums banner

98 rover 200 Modification help!!

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Lettucego 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys.. can I just say what a help this forum is to people and how great all the members are, for quick replies and photoshop help etc.. thanks guys..

Right, down to business... I am the proud owner of a 98 rover 200 British Racing Green. I love modified cars but im a complete novice, alot of the talk that is posted up here i do not understand... especially when it comes to engines etc!

basically i have a standard car that needs a good goin over! the interior i am quite proud of.. i have sprayed the centre console, clock surround, dial surround and those fan things, silver, and have sprayed the previously wood trim parts, door handle surrounds and ash treys, brittish racing green. Outside is where i need advice... I'm thinkin mgzr alloys and black go fast stripes? any suggestions please help me out!!

have been out this mornin takin pics of the car, but am havin problems transferrin them from my camera.. when i get it sorted i will post them..

cheers

#6 ·
Lettucego said:
Really? I really like that idea... i think it'd be very subtle with the black against the brg... wont stick out like a sore thumb..
just my opinion (which doesnt mean alot) is that Viper stripes and anything of that nature has gone the way of the 3 spoke wheel, not the best look for your car

but if you think it'll look good then go for it, personal preference is the most important thing :2c:

#8 ·
jonR200 said:
yeah definitely do the stripes... i'd love to see how they look!!!! :) apart from that the cheapest + easiest mod is to colour code all the black and chrome
did u colour code them urself wit a spay can? i dunno whether i should colour code them before i do the stripes... as i think the black trim might tie it all together.........

thanks for the help

#9 ·
Lettucego said:
did u colour code them urself wit a spay can? i dunno whether i should colour code them before i do the stripes... as i think the black trim might tie it all together.........

thanks for the help
yeah i did all the black plastic and chrome i could find with a spray can from halfords. except the spoilers which are much bigger so i got them done professionally! u going to put the stripes on then? straight down the middle?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.