MG-Rover.org Forums - View Single Post - Induction kit on a 1.6 MY2000 F ???
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 23:19 Thread Starter
steviejones133

Car: MGF
Thanks for that mate. I'll have to double check what kind of airbox I have. I know that there is a hose that leads to an intake just above the catalytic converter, not sure if there is a second hose from the rear of the box but I'll check tomorrow.

Regarding the TB upgrade, I had read to simply reuse the existing TPS and that would avoid having to have the ECU altered on a testbook - could be wrong but I've read that on several other threads by searching. I will certainly let you know how it goes if and when I do it.

Interesting to hear that rerouting your single intake led to some odd behaviour. That kinda puts me off a little bit, but fortune favours the brave - or so they say!

As for the sound factor, I'd prefer to leave the parcel shelf in situ, but that is a novel idea on how to improve the 'roar' factor.

As for the induction kits, I wouldn't have thought it would matter what airbox was fitted as it's getting removed, right?

Anyway, thanks very much and I'll welcome any other input from other members about induction kits.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome