MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG3 registrations fall by a fifth

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  MGJohn 
#1 ·
November 2015 saw registrations of 228 vehicles whilst November 2016 saw just 182 MG3 vehicles registered.

Do we think that this is a one-off or have sales of the current MG3 model now peaked in the UK?

#2 ·
There were however 263 new MG registrations in November 2016. Maybe buyers who like the brand moved up to the GS as it does seem to be a lot of car for very little money!!
Didnt MG Motor announce it is the fastest selling MG so far. However the MG3 must be due a facelift or refresh very soon to keep pace with the competition. I think on a whole MG sales were up compared to Nov 15?

#7 ·
Someone is out of new bad threads about MG? There’s still slight increase in sales in November, so what’s wrong? You can’t judge car in just one month, let’s take last 3 months and MG3 is +42% (1167 vs 822!) Why didn’t you mention that in November they have sold 4 times more GSs than 6? I have no doubt that its better to sell one much more profitable GS than one MG3.P.S. I will be worried if sales will fall 3 months in a row.

#8 ·
Someone is out of new bad threads about MG? There’s still slight increase in sales in November, so what’s wrong? You can’t judge car in just one month, let’s take last 3 months and MG3 is +42% (1167 vs 822!) Why didn’t you mention that in November they have sold 4 times more GSs than 6? I have no doubt that its better to sell one much more profitable GS than one MG3.P.S. I will be worried if sales will fall 3 months in a row.
My original opening thread which I've copied above is about the MG3, not about the GS or MG6. I'm genuinely interested to see if its sales have peaked in the UK and if November 2016 marked te start of a decline or was a one-off. I could wait until February but I always like to think ahead.

#9 ·
I'm genuinely interested to see if its sales have peaked in the UK and if November 2016 marked te start of a decline or was a one-off. I could wait until February but I always like to think ahead.
There was a drop in MG3 registrations in April -18%, May -12%, July -10%, 3 months out of 4, but you didn’t notice it. Now, after few superb months they sold 46 cars less In November (and still increased total sales due to GS), BUT you are ignoring this fact and still making yellow press style thread with eye-catching headline… Why?

Maybe some people went to buy MG3 and instead of it they have bought GS? Or maybe they saw how good GS is, so they decided to wait and save money for GS? Skoda had problems when they released Rapid, cheaper model cannibalized Octavia sales. Now we have different situation, at first there was a MG3 drop due to MG6 sell out and now - probably due to GS model, which isn’t selling out and its good!

I understand that you wanted to make tread only about MG3, but you can’t ignore MG6 or GS. Buyers couldn’t resist also :) I hope that now you are happy and have all answers?

#10 ·
There are any number of factors that could affect the registration figure in an isolated month. MG need to hope MG3 demand continues to be high because as it is very much the core of their offering. This was a bad month for the 3 and a good month for the GS and still sales were still over 2:1 in favour of the MG3, in a usual month it's been 3:1 or even 4:1.

No one is surprised that the GS is doing much better than the 6. The 6 is widely recognised as a flop and the GS is meant to be far closer to what retail customers want.

#12 ·
It's BREXIT wot dun it... and the UK weather has been in serious decline since June 23rd too.

Lowest this, worst that ... no end to the badness. We're doomed ...

Been on TV an everyfink.

:haha: :rofl: :sofa:

Hmmmm .... I sometimes wonder if John is the right person ( see what I did there ) for the job. Severely PC riddled me... it's spreading and highly contagious.

Reactions: patpending
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.