: Entering Rover Radio Code

The Hog
17-04-2003, 18:33
Hello again,

Just had the alternator replaced on my 416 '98. Obviously the battery was off, and the radio just displays 'CODE' when I turn it on. I believe I have got the radio code on the car security details card, but I've thrown away the radio manual and don't know how to input it.

Help please

Cheers
Phil

Stu
17-04-2003, 19:17
If I remember correctly, you do the following:

For the first digit you press 1 x number of times until the right number shows. Then for the second digit you press 2 x number of times etc.

HTH

The Hog
17-04-2003, 19:26
No, that didn't work.

I pressed 1 and a zero appeared in the display. I pressed 1 again and another zero appeared in the display (next to the first one). Obviously an incorrect code and I got a 'wait' message.

Anyone got any more ideas?

Thanks anyway Stu

P.S. I could do with the correct answer by tomorrow morning, otherwise I'm going to have to listen to the wife and two kids in the car all the way to Alton Towers tomorrow!

PLEASE,PLEASE HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!

bgunn
17-04-2003, 19:35
This should help :)

Brian.

Pattrask
17-04-2003, 19:47
If appear a zeroes is because it's a security procedure, just like the asterisk when you input a password on a web page.
Have you trying reseting the radio?, normally they have a button hidden in some place, and you must push it with a tiny gauge or pen.

bgunn
17-04-2003, 19:49
Originally posted by Pattrask
If appear a zeroes is because it's a security procedure, just like the asterisk when you input a password on a web page.
Have you trying reseting the radio?, normally they have a button hidden in some place, and you must push it with a tiny gauge or pen.

Nah, its because he was skipping over all the digits without changing them - thats what the tuning buttons do...

No reset on a Rover OE radio - the code is an anti-theft device after all!

Brian.

The Hog
17-04-2003, 19:50
Brian,

you've just saved my life (well ears anyway!)

Cheers pal

bgunn
17-04-2003, 19:54
:beer:

Brian.

smego
28-03-2004, 22:01
Anyone know how to re enter the code on the unit without the display? The instructions say hold down the 'up' tuning button, the right arrow I guess?, whilst turning the set on and a two tone bleep will sound......guess what it does'nt in fact I tried it with every button and all I get is 1 bleep every time and then the unit goes off a couple of seconds l8r.

Anyone know how to do it?

dangermouse2
05-02-2005, 16:05
im having the same problem, and its really doing my head in

i can't find any hints to help me with this how did you get it sorted

i would really appreciate the help

Phil
05-02-2005, 19:43
ooo i know i know....u can find the code if you cant find it at www.dekodes.com (http://www.dekodes.com)

when it displays "code" press 1, then it should show all zero's use the number 1 button to move between them and the < > button to change the number up and down when you get to the end it should automatically enable itself.

if you do it a certain amount of times wrong it will lock indefinatly and ur as best chucking it in the bin for what its worth

MGJohn
05-02-2005, 20:43
Hello again,

Just had the alternator replaced on my 416 '98. Obviously the battery was off, and the radio just displays 'CODE' when I turn it on. I believe I have got the radio code on the car security details card, but I've thrown away the radio manual and don't know how to input it.

Help please

Cheers
Phil

Which Radio Cassette does your car have?

For the Phillips item fitted to early MGFs, the sequence is as follows.

1) Switch on Radio: 'CODE' should appear in the display.

2) Press either up or down tuning buttons until the first digit of the four digit code appears. Press pre-set button 1 to store.

3) Use tuning up-down button to select 2nd digit - press pre-select button 1.

4) Use tuning up-down button to select 3rd digit - press pre-select button 1.

5) Use tuning up-down button to select 4th digit - press pre-select button 1.

The beep should sound and the radio function.

Please note:

On most of these radios, if you fail to enter the code correctly it will default into a time out period where you won't be able to re-enter any code until the time out ends. Another wrong code entry will mean another time out period TWICE AS LONG as the previous one. Another incorrect code doubles that time out period and so on...... So, make sure you do have the CORRECT CODE and enter it correctly first time or be prepared for a wait ..

bmes01
25-03-2008, 20:40
Hello i bought a second hand normal tape radio player from car boot on sunday & i only installed it today ONLY remembering that I didn't get the radio code of the guy I bought it off.

I really need it, I can't drive anywhere with out my radio, well... only to the car boot.

Please help!?

The car is a Rover 600 Saloon Cherry Red.

I don't know much about these codes so i'll type them as they appear.

Chassis: SARRHMLABAM232396
Model/stock?!: ROVucooo103119

There was also another code with the title 'Rover 600 Saloon' which is: 620I4DR

Please help, anyone! Reply to i_messenger@hotmail.co.uk please.

Thank you!!

Ian.

Sejin26
25-03-2008, 23:30
I might be able to get you the code. But I need to know the model of radio and the serial number off the side. It's stamped into the frame of the radio.

Your car details would give me the code for the orginal head unit but that wont help in this case.

kaytnick
26-07-2008, 10:18
Hiya, I have a Rover 25, I need the radio code for the Blaupunkt radio in it. The Serial No. is BP 2161 3207 6726 and the model number is 022257. any help please??
Thanx

vilciuc06
22-11-2008, 19:01
This should help :)

Brian.

I need a code for rover 45
can you help me please
thanks

HotTubRepairer
23-11-2008, 00:33
I need a code for rover 45
can you help me please
thanks
For anyoine else that has the samke question, I produced this (http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=264537) a while back. ;)

centris
06-12-2008, 00:23
My display was missing elements as well. What I did as I could make out the first letter of the word WAIT or Code for that matter was to press 1 then press the manual tuning button the number of times for the first number, then press 1 again and press M/T button the correct number of times for the second number etc. etc. It seems that with code showing when you press 1 all start from 0.