: Warranties - Which are the best? Waranty Wise or Warranty Direct?

villan1981
06-07-2007, 19:26
I am in the process of changing my warranty. I am currently with Auto Protect and my policy is supposed to cover mechanical and electrical failure/ breakdown but they have been bl**dy awful. I will give you an example; My clutch on my ZT CDTi had failed and after diagnosis from an ex MG dealer they refused to cover it under warranty as a "clutch" is classed as a consumable. After speaking to the dealer they had actually diagnosed that the master/ slave cylinder had failed causing the clutch to fail and in their independent opinion they stated to Auto Protect that the master/ slave cylinder failure was the cause and was classed as "mechanical" failure. Under my policy it states all mechanical and electrical failures are covered.

I spoke to Auto Protect again and was told that it was at their discression and even if that was the case a clutch is still a "consumable" and would not be covered! Needless to say I was not to impressed and I have since cancelled the policy after many hours on the phone and managed to get a pro rata refund on the remaining term.

So, this leaves me in a situation where I need to replace my warranty. I have looked at 2 so far: Warranty Wise and Warranty Direct.

I spoke to Warranty Direct first, they quoted for 12 months £290. I then asked them to explain EXACTLY what the warranty covered. It all sounded OK. I decided to try them out with a Hyperthetical situation i.e. the one about the clutch, slave, master cylinder etc.......

And Guess?

Yes, they were not covered as they are again deemed "consumables".

So off to Warranty Wise, same process except they offer 1,2 & 3 years cover plus once you are quoted online you get an online discount on your quote of £40 if you purchase within 30 days of the quotation.

Anyway, after digging around adding a few bits as optional extras I was quoted £501 for 2 years. I gave them the same hyperthetical situation as before and, at last, the clutch would be covered!!!!!! I was then offered, again for the 2 year term for an extra £100.20 wear and tear cover, £22 air conditioning cover and £44 MOT failure cover. So the total for the 2 years was £667.20 less the £40 discount means £627.20. Now I am not to good at maths but that works out to only £26.33 a month which I reckon is money well spent.

I have posted a link below which details all the parts covered etc. and it seems like a really good option.

http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/ww.sys/standardCover

So, any thoughts or feedback?

Has anyone used Warranty Wise Before?

Any advice welcome..........

MARTIN1973
06-07-2007, 21:47
I was with warranty wise a few years ago made one claim no problem, just taken out 2 years cover with them including wear and tear £503

Martyn P
06-07-2007, 22:07
Cannot help with your "which is best query", however I have added breakdown repair cover to my AA membership at cost of 65 pounds annualy,
Briefly I quote
"Helps to pay for the cost of most replacement parts & garage labour up to a total of 500 pounds per claim, inc vat,less 25 pounds excess following a breakdown attended by the AA".
More than one claim per year allowed

I am confident that this would not cover a worn clutch, brake pads, tyres exhaust etc but believe it covers most electrical /mechanical failures.

Suggest you investigate this avenue before laying out the sort of cash you are talking about
My total with AA covers Roadside/Relay/Joint cover for wife, with said Breakdown Repair Cover for total 184-25 pounds annualy.
Finaly, they only introduced it last year when I signed up & I have not had to test them yet.
The way I see it, its worth it to sort out a failed starter motor/ alternator or similar, but covers to some extent major failure of engine/gearbox running gear etc

chilljohn
06-07-2007, 22:28
from my personal experiance

stay away from warrentie dirrect they say stuff is covered BUT you have to pay for the repairs and then claim back off them , thats fine on paper BUT guess waht after you have payed they say its not covered "wear and tear"

if an inlet manifold gives the ghost up on a 190 every 11k i suppose it is wear and tear !!

pete_zt
06-07-2007, 22:57
Mr Villian,

Interesting subject, I am too a new ZT CDTI owner, so please do keep in contact.

The 20 months old car (55) I have bought does not have a warranty and thus I am looking for one so any experiences / problems, - pls let me know.

The questions I have are:

1. Should we take the risk of no waranty and bank the cash?
2. The warranty available covers items that never have issues and the warranty companies seem to wriggle out of their responsibilities when issue occur?

Any advice ?

DAD
07-07-2007, 10:13
Everything is "consumable" after time. So in theory, they are selling a duff policy and therefore can be taken to the trading standards.

I had a brand new motorcycle many years ago and the speedo cable snapped after just 800 miles. They replaced it on it's service but charged me saying it was a consumable item and therefore not covered under the warrenty.

I asked them what would be the life span of the engine. They reckoned about 200,000K with proper servicing.

"Ah" I said, "so the whole damn thing can be classed as a consumable"

They deducted the costs of the cable off the bill for being such a smart ask. :smug_git:

villan1981
07-07-2007, 11:38
Mr Villian,

Interesting subject, I am too a new ZT CDTI owner, so please do keep in contact.

The 20 months old car (55) I have bought does not have a warranty and thus I am looking for one so any experiences / problems, - pls let me know.

The questions I have are:

1. Should we take the risk of no waranty and bank the cash?
2. The warranty available covers items that never have issues and the warranty companies seem to wriggle out of their responsibilities when issue occur?

Any advice ?

I have thought about banking the cash and skimping on the warranty but after reading some of the horror stories on the forum about the costs incurred replacing certain items I would have to opt for a warranty.

For example, to replace the clutch, slave/ master cylinder etc.... it costs anywhere from £550 - £1000 depending on the garage and also where you live geographically. The quote for the policy is only just over £600 and this would cover the clutch replacement amongst many other things as well.

Have a look through the link below and it explains exactly what is covered:

http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/ww.sys/standardCover

I reckon it will be money well spent...........

steve00117
07-07-2007, 14:51
Has anyone tried these?
http://warrantyworks.co.uk/index.jsp

Seems pretty comprehensive cover.

kelvin
07-07-2007, 15:37
My experience with Warranty Wise is here:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showpost.php?p=2062261&postcount=5

I've got nowhere with my complaint to them.

IMO, they will all try to wriggle out of a claim if humanly possible.

lewisr
07-07-2007, 15:54
with warranty companies it does seem to be a matter of luck to some extent, as I have a warranty with autoprotect and so far thay have paid out for:
Clutch slave cylinder, Master cylinder, MAF sensor, Camshaft Sensor, Parking aid switch, and Front spring, all within 7 months of purchasing the car which came with the gold cover from Auto protect.
I have had no problem with them paying for any of the above claims, so cannot complain.

Ray

AlwynMike
08-07-2007, 11:39
No personal experience with either.
I've just bought a Warranty Direct policy after responses on a BMW forum (It's on a 530d). The consensus was that Warranty Direct were OK up to a point, and were probably the best of a "bad bunch". Memebers of the forum who had used Warranty Direct all said that after they had a mechanical problem, they contacted WD BEFORE they had any work done, and all experienced no problems. (Yes, you have to pay and then reclaim, but I thank that's common).

BTW with the increased competition in the Warranty market, you can get good discounts with WD. Do the online bit then wait for the phone call follow-up a couple of days later and then negotiate!

Mike

Ronniem
11-07-2007, 22:08
Any further forward with the warranty? Who did you go with & why.

I'm looking to get one for my 04 ZT Cdti, all advice welcome.

I looked at autoprotect & their "Premium plus" policy states "all electrical & mechanical parts covered" their "Premium" policy covers similar items to warranty wise etc...with specific parts listed.

Can't get a quote online will need to phone to get a quote.

cheers

Ronnie

villan1981
12-07-2007, 07:44
No further at the moment i'm afraid. I am getting two quotes one from warrantywise and one from warranty direct. Once I have them I am going to call the two companies up and "haggle" on the price!

After reading the policies that are on offer I am most likely to go with warranty wise, they seem to have better reviews - still going to haggle of course!

robsno
12-07-2007, 20:29
For those who are AA members there is another option, for £65 a year you can have a warranty from the AA, if their patrol attends they will pay a garage of your choice up to £500 up to 5 times in a year. This does not seem to have the wear and tear clauses as they will even cover your battery. Certainly worth considering. http://www.theaa.com/breakdownrepaircover/index.html

deebee
17-08-2007, 01:59
as with all these things, they are there to make a profit for whoever invests/ owns them. They will dispute claims to avoid payment.
They will have been exploited too!
For warranty owners, re-read, absorb the exclusions, fully understand the claims procedure. You will be in better position to present your claim, if it is needed.
I was lax and didn`t precisely follow their procedure, my garage claimed on my behalf and was declined (they sold the warranty and were a bit miffed also).
After quite hostile and almost offensive/liabelous questions and comments from claims "service" operatives,.......too much hassle, explaining problem over and over, need to get MGR dealer to specify work required (my garage were MGR main agent, now Xpart as clear on invoice they had received), as it was central locking it had a "remote" component so wasn`t covered at all, etc. etc.
( so if defective car has tyres on, doesn`t qualify for warranty claim as they are specific exclusions! - was impression I gained )
I formally disputed and had to get garage to do minute specification invoices, send defective parts to them for examination, getting standardised prices and eventually got a unspecified (for what elements) cheque for around 60% of cost. This I have also queried but back to the small print (so do read it carefully)..........next year I`ll take gamblers risk.

No Mr.Rac - a bad do, I see you no longer advertise this service and I wouldn`t consider renewing after this experience but it appears that an near identical warranty by same outfit has migrated to Mr.Aa, hopefully much more custard friendly (custard = customer and b`stard combined), maybe also accepting some liabilty.

A job, I thought covered by the "gold warranty thing" , consumed a quarter of my months pension (after their payout) and several hours of irritating explanation, running the garage ragged and collateral stress. Marks out of ten = 1.66666666 ( being very generous)

nigel207
17-08-2007, 06:39
I took out an RAC warranty when Rover curled its toes up and my car was about a year old. I took it out via the MGR dealer and so far (touching copious amounts of wood) any claims (MAF and alternator, the latter of which packed in in France) have been settled without quibble. The French episode entailed me paying at the time, but upon return home it was settled within a few days after receipts had been sent. It seems as though it's not neccesarily which Company you deal with, but which member of staff representing that Company.

squirrel
17-08-2007, 09:08
I was offered Warranty Wise's policy by the dealer when I bought my CDTi last November and it's the first and last time that I will take out a private warranty.

Having visited this forum and being well aware of the expensive and common problems that can (and will) go wrong with the 75, I thought it might be money well spent. It wasn't. Since owning my CDTi I have had all the usual problems - camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, front coil springs, MAF sensor, fuel pumps and now the latest, a clutch slave cylinder failure. None of it has been covered by Warranty Wise.

They have wriggled out of everything, quoting the small print every time. My largest repair bill was for the clutch slave cylinder. It is without doubt, the most useless piece of design I have ever encountered. Why is a hydraulic
cylinder enclosed within the clutch housing? When it fails, it contaminates the clutch with hydraulic fluid - plain stupid. Every car that I have owned with a hydraulically operated clutch has the slave cylinder on the outside. Easy to change, cheap to repair - you could even buy a seal kit for a few quid when it begins to leak again!

Warranty Wise wriggled out of the repair by stating that the repair had begun before they had assessed the faulty parts. Well, of course it had begun; the gearbox has to come out to diagnose the extent of the repair. If you have the standard cover like I had, the dual mass flywheel is not covered - the most expensive part of the job and will need replacing on a high mileage vehicle, with the original flywheel fitted. The clutch drive plate is not covered as this is considered as normal wear and tear (unless it actually breaks up and fails) and yet it was contaminated with hydraulic oil. They will only contribute £35 per hour, including VAT towards the labour costs and they will always quote their own times for standard repairs.

In the case of the clutch assembly, the garage had the car for over a week because firstly, they couldn't source a dual mass flywheel and secondly, had to wait whilst Warranty Wise sent their own assessor. Any claim over £500 is automatically assesed by their representative which means the garage have to wait, with or without your car dismantled, until their assessor turns up and makes his report back to Warranty Wise. Also, they will only assess a claim in consultation with the garage and not yourself. Make sure you establish with your garage beforehand, that they will undertake private warranty repairs. If your garage prefers not to undertake warranty repairs because of the paperwork involved, as soon as a spanner is turned, you're on your own.

The bitter footnote to all this is that the car is now back in the garage as the Xpart slave cylinder failed after 1680 miles. I won't even bother contacting Warranty Wise.

My personal advice - keep your money in your pocket. If they don't want to cover a claim - they won't - and there is very little that you can do about it, once you've read the small print. You won't get a straight answer from their claims department either - they will always state that they have written to you. If you ask for the letter to be read out to you on the telephone, they claim it’s with the underwriters - who apparently, they don't speak with. When the letter arrives, the small print is always quoted as to why they won't be covering your claim for repairs. When you call them back to question their decision, you're told - it’s with the underwriters and you will have to write a letter of complaint to them, to re-instate the claim. So the process begins again. I recently had a mail-shot letter from Warranty Wise stating that they had moved to nice new premises - you don't have to think too hard as to who is paying for all this ...

After these ongoing repairs are complete - if I have any money left - I will be taking out a Green Flag policy and not renewing with Warranty Wise. Once the clutch fails, like mine did miles from home, it cost me £205 to get the car back to the garage in my home town. A get-you-home policy would be money well spent - me thinks !!!

Warranty companies - they'll wear you out with bureaucracy and you'll still have to pay the garage bill.

tourrerman
17-08-2007, 09:53
All interesting stuff. As the previous post says, the main thing with a major breakdown is to get yourself & the vehicle home. Breakdown cover at around £1 per week has to make sense.

The thread started with a clutch issue. Our '02 R75CDT has done 85,000 miles. It's had one in-tank fuel pump - MGR Warranty - 2 rear shox & 2 front discs.

Our '03 R75TCDTi has only done 25,000 miles. We had the plenum blockage, that wrecked the glow plug relay, but simple to fix at home.

It all comes down to a combination of luck with the build quality of the car and the care taken in driving & routine maintenance IMHO.

If an owner doesn't have cash in the bank, a warranty must make sense, but as others have said, the small print has to be read. The prime objective of any business is to make a profit NOT to provide a service, that is simply the means to achieve the end.

I did communicate with Warranty Direct and found the process to be a joke. Every time I didn't take up the offer, the price was reduced. It ended up at around two-thirds of the first quote, leaving me as a potential buyer having serious doubts about the business methodology.

I'll stick with cash in the bank & preventative maintenance. If I have a big problem with each of three cars I'll count myself really unlucky, but at least I won't have the debates over who pays for what!

As ever, ''yer pays money & yer takes yer choice''

tourrerman
All interesting stuff. As the previous post says, the main thing with a major breakdown is to get yourself & the vehicle home. Breakdown cover at around £1 per week has to make sense.

The thread started with a clutch issue. Our '02 R75CDT has done 85,000 miles. It's had one in-tank fuel pump - MGR Warranty - 2 rear shox & 2 front discs.

Our '03 R75TCDTi has only done 25,000 miles. We had the plenum blockage, that wrecked the glow plug relay, but simple to fix at home.

It all comes down to a combination of luck with the build quality of the car and the care taken in driving & routine maintenance IMHO.

If an owner doesn't have cash in the bank, a warranty must make sense, but as others have said, the small print has to be read. The prime objective of any business is to make a profit NOT to provide a service, that is simply the means to achieve the end.

I did communicate with Warranty Direct and found the process to be a joke. Every time I didn't take up the offer, the price was reduced. It ended up at around two-thirds of the first quote, leaving me as a potential buyer having serious doubts about the business methodology.

I'll stick with cash in the bank & preventative maintenance. If I have a big problem with each of three cars I'll count myself really unlucky, but at least I won't have the debates over who pays for what!

tourrerman

avfcinwales
17-08-2007, 15:00
Warranty direct covered my clutch slave and master disaster, then took me to court because they said they had paid twice.
I went all the way to court, won and gained compensation but it took loads of time and prep as they hadn't paid me, they'd paid two separate parts of a large chain. I was the easy alternative, the magistrate advised.

Stew998
10-12-2007, 22:07
with warranty companies it does seem to be a matter of luck to some extent, as I have a warranty with autoprotect and so far thay have paid out for:
Clutch slave cylinder, Master cylinder, MAF sensor, Camshaft Sensor, Parking aid switch, and Front spring, all within 7 months of purchasing the car which came with the gold cover from Auto protect.
I have had no problem with them paying for any of the above claims, so cannot complain.

Ray

That's reassuring and what I would expect. This interests me greatly as I have the Auto Protect premier plus (Gold colour code) cover that came with my car on purchase.

Can't understand why Villan1981 had so much trouble. Sounds like he had a higher level of cover but even the standard (blue) policy specifically covers "Clutch - Centre plate, pressure plate, release bearing, oil contamination [centre plate only] and master and slave cylinders. No labour costs included."

Sounds like the handler(s) at the warranty co. were incompetent unless there's more to it than meets the eye - although if the dealer diagnosed it as clearly as it sounds then I'd at least have expected the warranty co. to have sent an engineer!

chinchillables
08-10-2008, 20:40
Has anyone tried these?
http://warrantyworks.co.uk/index.jsp

Seems pretty comprehensive cover.http://top5choices.com/-pics-/ukww.jpg

I was with them when I was in the UK. Was great, covered everything I ever had any problems with.

Hudson Hornet
08-10-2008, 20:46
well as i just got stung by AA warranty - i would never ever trust that particular warranty ever.

tay
17-10-2008, 20:52
I have just started the second year of my AA warranty cover, in the first year they covered a £350 repair so I cant complain, what did they sting you for Hudson ?

mk2russ
17-10-2008, 21:29
well as i just got stung by AA warranty - i would never ever trust that particular warranty ever.

in general, warranties are not worth the paper they are written on.

i paid £7300 for my (loaded)75 in april this year. as soon as i admitted use will be hire and reward, all warranties were withdrawn.

its wrong. if an average mileage is 12k, then i should be covered for 12k, even if i do that in 3 months?.... therefore my warranty will be 3 months only, so less than 3k miles later, clutch and slave fail (actual slave fail.) cost me better part of of a grand, but seeing as i can claim back as a business loss the costs, its irrelevent to me financially.

but to the private owners, its not so simple...?

Russ

crofts
18-10-2008, 02:06
Have been with them 2 years. £27 per month for good cover
but they have just advised an increase in premium for the next year. I was fairly comfortable with £27 but will now cancel as this is obviously going to be regular which I did not expect.
Only cover 5-7000 miles/yr and look after my car and have never claimed. Now at 31,000 miles.

cjmillsnun
18-10-2008, 06:58
The best warranty right now is a savings account.

Warranty companies work on credit which is a bit of a problem in the current markets.

Stew998
18-10-2008, 19:03

Warranty companies work on credit which is a bit of a problem in the current markets.

Not sure what you mean about warranty cos. working on credit, they are just insurers so how does credit affect anything?

stuartm1
18-10-2008, 19:17

A savings account is my favourite warranty - if you can set aside a bit of money for a rainy day then I'd go for that. However if you can't then I can see the attraction of warranties, personal choice I guess.

jimicrowbar
18-10-2008, 19:19
I had an autocare warrantee 12 year ago it paid its self back ten fold. When i bought again in September i took another one out. My thermostat housing (the old classic) failed at the start of the week. It says its covered which no one disputes. Them trying to find out if i have a warrantee is the insulting part. Only 6 weeks ago i paid £500 For 2 years. I went a bit mad and the police were called. Ill go back down tomorrow.

FLYER
18-10-2008, 19:24
I had an autocare warrantee 12 year ago it paid its self back ten fold. When i bought again in September i took another one out. My thermostat housing (the old classic) failed at the start of the week. It says its covered which no one disputes. Them trying to find out if i have a warrantee is the insulting part. Only 6 weeks ago i paid £500 For 2 years. I went a bit mad and the police were called. Ill go back down tomorrow. jimi how can you go down tomorrow the courts dont sit on a sunday . flyer.:stir:

jimicrowbar
18-10-2008, 19:34
I just got threatened with a breach of piece. Iv got an SIA so it gives you a bit of support when you cross the line. iv now fixed the car myself at my expense. Dont know what ill say when down there. Think ill just politely move their customers on.

FLYER
18-10-2008, 19:40
I just got threatened with a breach of piece. Iv got an SIA so it gives you a bit of support when you cross the line. iv now fixed the car myself at my expense. Dont know what ill say when down there. Think ill just politely move their customers on. got a bit excited myself with an x-part garage in the summer , it gets you that way.flyer:cus:

jimicrowbar
18-10-2008, 19:59
The sales guys are ok. What set me of was the manager calling me a liar after taking my cash. I got that flash of stars and blind rage you know where it feels like you are watching yourself doing the destruction but actually doing it. What was your beef with the garage.

FLYER
18-10-2008, 20:17
The sales guys are ok. What set me of was the manager calling me a liar after taking my cash. I got that flash of stars and blind rage you know where it feels like you are watching yourself doing the destruction but actually doing it. What was your beef with the garage. not much just me objecting too him wanting me to spend £1,200 and me wanting not to , flyer.:clap:

cjmillsnun
18-10-2008, 20:22
Not sure what you mean about warranty cos. working on credit, they are just insurers so how does credit affect anything?

It's quite simple. They pay the garages that do the work on 30 day terms.

The garages have already paid for the parts etc. Therefore they work on credit.

With the banks not lending between themselves, garages may not want to do 30 day terms as they would be out of pocket and may go under...

This may mean garages refuse to work with warranty companies or demand payment from them before releasing the vehicle. Either way customer service will suffer.

KENNETH BATTY
18-10-2008, 21:18
got my cdti 24 months ago, paid warranty direct for cover , asked questions after listening to others i canceeled and now put some in the bank to cover eventualities, just keeping up with service and oil change every 5k or 6 months not doing a lot of miles now.

m22 ken

stalyvegas
sk152qq

Warrantywise
07-10-2009, 11:13
Hi There.

My name is Lawrence Whittaker from Warranty Wise Insurance Services. I have decided to comment on this review page since we seem to have several good reviews but also one or two poor reviews, which is somewhat concerning to myself and my company.

Each and every time we issue a private used car warranty we send a Customer Satisfaction Survey out with the Policy Schedule, which any customer can fill out and return by freepost. I have just picked up the last 20 that have arrived in today at random, and not one of them has given us a bad review. Indeed, we publish some of our reviews in our "Happy Customers" section on our website, which you can view here: http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/happy

We also send another Customer Satisfaction Survey to every customer who makes a claim, once the claim has been processed and again, we have a very few complaints. If you have viewed our website, you will see that our Used Car Warranty has been designed by the Motoring Journalist Quentin Willson, who believes it is the UK's Best Used Car Warranty. This is not just an idle boast, he has worked very closely with us and our underwriters, Lloyds of London, over the past two years to create a warranty without "Weasel Words" that covers ALL Mechanical and ALL Electrical parts of your vehicle. To show you our commitment to excellence we publish Quentin's email address in our policy booklet, so should you have any complaint about our Warranty service, Quentin will answer you personally and do his very best to resolve your problem. Since we started marketing The UK’s Best Used Car Warranty over a year ago, Quentin has had 19 complaints to date… considering the number of policies sold this is a very low percentage and is something that we are extremely proud of.

I can't help but think that some if not all of the bad reviews on this site have been written by some of our competitors, since I am unaware of any of the complaints in house. However, if you do have a genuine problem with our service, please contact me directly by calling me on 0800 169 7880 or emailing me at lawrence@warrantywise.co.uk and I will do my utmost to resolve any issue you may have.

I wish you many happy years motoring.

Kind regards

Lawrence Whittaker
Warrantywise

kelvin
07-10-2009, 11:34
Dear Mr Whittaker,

I can assure you that I do not work for any of your competitors but I am an ex, and very dissatisfied customer. My story, in brief, is here: http://forums.mg-rover.org/showpost.php?p=2062261&postcount=5

I spoke to people at your office on the phone whilst persuing my claim and they were adament that you would not pay out. I then wrote to your company and received no reply.

In my opinion, and I stress it is my opinion, my experience suggests that your warranty is not worth purchasing.

I'm sure there are people who would sing your praises, my experience was different.

BTW, I never received any sort of customer satisfaction survey. Had I done so, you may be sure I would have filled it in.

mondeo
13-10-2009, 18:48
yes mr whittaker im still waiting for your call i have rang twice in two days i also sent quentin an email didnt expect a reply didnt get one therfore he cant be blamed for weasel words which is more than can be said for warrantywises claims department who refuse to give a surname we had a problem with a dual mass flywheel which suddenly devolped a serious noise and was so loud my customer was afraid to drive the car you would have thought the gearbox was about to drop out we stripped the box out and found excessive play in the flywheel the engineer agreed that there was metal filings and score marks at the edges guess what wear and tear the fact that warrantywise pay this engineer and its down to the wording on his report sayes it all it will be intresting to see what my independent engineer who will be paid by me has to say so far i have purchased eighteen warranties for my customers in three weeks never again RAC HERE I COME

kelvin
13-10-2009, 19:52
Hmmm. Do I detect a pattern?

Warrantywise
05-12-2009, 22:25
Dear Kelvin and Mr Mondeo

So far I have received no emails to the email address above about either of these grievances. I would like to urge you both to write to me at lawrence@warrantywise.co.uk with your individual details and the matter that you are dissatisfied with.

We sell thousands of policies a month and print Quentin Willson's email address in every one, to date, he has only received 21 complaints. These are figures that as a company I am very proud of. I can assure you that Quentin cares deeply about this product and never misses an email. If you have failed to receive a response I can only apologise, but urge you to let me look at your case personally and comment on where we have gone wrong this time.

Once again I apologise for not living up to your expectations, but on a more serious note... when it comes to complaints (we do still sometimes make mistakes from time to time) but Quentin and I sort things out ‘immediately’ as our list of satisfied customers on the website testifies. I do not believe you will be better served elsewhere as each problem we experience is sorted and fixed (yours included if you email me directly as I am urging anyone with a warrantywise related problem to do so). So I thank you for your persistence and we will leave the door open for you to return.

I would like to see another warranty company who gives their customers this level of personal customer service and as the provider of what Quentin believes is the UK's Best Used Car Warranty, I know that you won't be able to find another one that offers a warranty as comprehensive or cares as much about their reputation as I do about Warranty Wise.

Kind regards

Lawrence Whittaker
Executive Partner, Warrantywise.
lw@warrantywise.co.uk

lewisr
06-12-2009, 04:05
Having used many warranty companies over the years with generally good services from them, the best to date is WarrantyWorks.

They are the only company that will cover any mileage cars and they have always settled on all claims,

Worth a look.

ray

Warrantywise
08-12-2009, 23:04
All i will say is please please please whatever you do before buying warranty cover, get a copy of the actual policy you will get once on cover and compare with all the other companies you are considering. Not the glossy sales brochure, but the actual policy and READ it!

They aren't that long and its the ONLY way to thoroughly compare each cover.

Its the best advise if youre looking for warranty cover...

kelvin
17-12-2009, 06:52
Only just read this reply. Lawrence, I'll send you the details over the next few days.

GizmoDuck
18-12-2009, 15:14
I've had problems in the past with my used car warranty, mainly having my claims rejected. I've never had any trouble with Warrantywise though. The claims process was very smooth and the customer service was excellent. Top marks to them.

Warranty Wiser
10-04-2011, 08:53
I found this thread when searching for warranty wise reviews after having a poor experience. I won't repeat it all here but if anyone's interested I wrote about my Warranty Wise (http://www.getwarrantywise.co.uk/) experience here.

My biggest gripe is that they put forward this slick smooth image and talk about how they are different and how they care when in reality, they don't and use feeble get out language to try and wriggle out of things. Thank god for places like this. Buyer beware is about the best tool out there today and online forums like this help consumers steer clear of any bad boys.

John Armstrong
10-04-2011, 11:27
To me I would stay clear of non manufacturers warranty. As Rover is gone, stay clear, based upon the fact that they are in business to make money - Saleries, in fact all overheads and then a profit. Need a lot of customers to cover.
Warranty is like betting on the horses - a gamble.
If a failure is a fault of manufactue they should have it repaired or replaced, whichever is the cheaper to them. Take for instance a clutch, if you can prove from the dislaced parts that the failure was in fact due to a fault in manufacturer, the'll have to honour..Wear and tear can be abused but it should be 'fair wear and tear'. One could write a book on all areas of this subject but the above are the basic facts.
Perhaps, one could confirm to the Warranty Providers in writing what you believe you are paying for and for them to agree. At least they will think twice before they start trying to fab you off with all sorts sharp talking. The average person really will back away from a drawn out battle.
John

kelvin
10-04-2011, 19:07
I found this thread when searching for warranty wise reviews after having a poor experience. I won't repeat it all here but if anyone's interested I wrote about my Warranty Wise (http://www.getwarrantywise.co.uk/) experience here.

My biggest gripe is that they put forward this slick smooth image and talk about how they are different and how they care when in reality, they don't and use feeble get out language to try and wriggle out of things. Thank god for places like this. Buyer beware is about the best tool out there today and online forums like this help consumers steer clear of any bad boys.

Love the blog!

Warranty Wiser
11-04-2011, 14:21
Love the blog!

Thanks, I'd preferred to have used my energies differently! :)

zaks world
17-05-2011, 15:41
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Goody
17-05-2011, 16:10
from my personal experiance

stay away from warrentie dirrect they say stuff is covered BUT you have to pay for the repairs and then claim back off them , thats fine on paper BUT guess waht after you have payed they say its not covered "wear and tear"

if an inlet manifold gives the ghost up on a 190 every 11k i suppose it is wear and tear !!
I had a new inlet manifold from Warranty Direct! 1st they said not covered as not mechanical failure, I said yes it is, the mechanical bits in the manifold are broken. I got a new one fitted Dave

buzz887
21-05-2011, 00:38
For those who are AA members there is another option, for £65 a year you can have a warranty from the AA, if their patrol attends they will pay a garage of your choice up to £500 up to 5 times in a year. This does not seem to have the wear and tear clauses as they will even cover your battery. Certainly worth considering. http://www.theaa.com/breakdownrepaircover/index.html

I too have the AA cover as stated above, one little catch is "You MUST have the car serviced each year". I have had the following claims allowed:

Replacement alternator, New Battery, front coil spring.

Each time you pay an excess of £25 quid.

I was asked to produce my logbook to check the service history each time!

davidbooker
21-05-2011, 21:16
I have had a Warranty Direct MajorCare policy since 2006. It covers only the major running gear (engine, gearbox etc), and has cost between £18 and £22 per month. Over the past year, after excess deduction and mileage wear allowance, they have paid £630 towards a new inlet manifold, and £1150 for a replacement autobox.

I am very happy with this level of service, even if I did have to haggle with them over the gearbox settlement. They also paid for two replacement wheel bearings some years ago, but these are no longer covered under this policy.

As a result, I can highly recommend Warranty Direct.

The only caveat is that they only cover you up to the car's value, and, in the event of a big claim (like my gearbox), they can set this as low as they can get away with! For cars worth less than £1000, the £500 claims limited AA policy would probably represent better value for money

Warrantywise
08-06-2011, 15:28
Dear All

Following on from my last post, I thought I'd just give you an update as to what's changed at Warranty Wise.

We have just launched 4 brand new cover levels, so instead of the old system where you could only have our one level of cover, now you will be able to choose between Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze to make it easier and clearer for you to select the warranty you require.

Unlike some other warranty companies, we don't force you into a certain level of cover (and then tell you it's the best cover), but allow you to choose one to suit your budget and your car.

For example, if you want an all singing all dancing cover, choose the Platinum, whereas if you require a more simple drive line style cover, choose the Bronze. All covers include Wear and Tear, unlimited claims, no mileage restrictions and no forced excess.

Its also worth noting that we pay out over 84% of claims, which is market leading in the warranty industry. Since we have identified that we receive an estimated 20% fraudulent claims, we feel we offer the best warranty service in the UK.

However, as usual, if you are unhappy, please feel free to contact me directly at lw@warrantywise.co.uk and I will be happy to listen to your issues.

Kind regards

Lawrence Whittaker
MD, Warrantywise.