: fault codes Rover 75

andyx
14-08-2007, 13:40
Hi can anyone help me find out what the fault codes equate to on my Rover 75 2002 cdti, the codes are; CF8200, F48400 & 6F8800, REGARDS Andy

chilljohn
14-08-2007, 16:46
where are you getting these codes from they dont seen to be normal obd codes are these the fault codes from the dash /??????????

Petevick
14-08-2007, 16:48
have a look here - Rover 75 2.0 V6 - DTC Fault Codes - MG-Rover.org Forums (http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=165933&highlight=obd+codes)

andyx
15-08-2007, 12:26
where are you getting these codes from they dont seen to be normal obd codes are these the fault codes from the dash /??????????
Yes from the dashboard screen when you press the trip reset button, I have several items not working, cruise, reverse sensors, rain sensor & the airbag light on, I was hoping these codes would point in the direction to cure some of these problems, I have cheaked all the fuses, as well as the micro switches at the top of the brake & clutch pedals, the wiring all seems to be ok as far as i can see.

David3807
15-08-2007, 12:44
When a 75 starts giving weird electrical problems there are a couple of things to check ASAP and I mean ASAP cos the longer you leave things the more expensive it can get.

1/ Check the plenum drains are clear and that your ECU is not getting drowned. If there is water in the plenum clear it out ASAP.

2/ If you have any electrical equipment in the boot (Sat Nav/CD player etc) check the spare wheel well for wet or damp. If it is wet dry out immediately and trace leak. Most likely to be rear light cluster sealing rubbers or the fixing holes for the chrome side trims. Damp electric kit has been known to cause all sorts of weird problems.

If neither of those turn up anything then you could try a battery disconnect reboot. This involves disconnecting the battery for about 10/15 minutes and then reconnecting. This has the efffect of forcing all the cars onboard computors to boot up from scratch. Bit like when Microsoft Windows gets its knickers twisted.

BEFORE DISCONNECTING MAKE SURE THAT THE SAT NAV IS SHUT DOWN PROPERLEY AND THAT YOU HAVE THE RADIO CODE.

HTH

chilljohn
15-08-2007, 12:58
ahh thought so , thouse codes are meaninless i am afraid and will not help you in your dearch , every dash has sim if nothte same errors and as far as i know no one knows the reson

as above check you drain

as for the air bag light youll prob just need to play with the connectors under the saet (yellow and blue) dissconnect and reconct a few times to clean the contacts up (after disconecting the batt and waiting for 10 mins)

as for your reverse sensors do the emit a beep at all ? if not check the reverse lights are on , if not it will be the 8ish switch on hte gear box needs swopping , if you get a long error tone leave the car in reverse and listen to each sensor on hte bu,per they shud tick if one dosent its dead or hte wireing though to the boot is chaffed

hope you get it sorted if not come back and well try and help

andyx
15-08-2007, 13:30
have a look here - Rover 75 2.0 V6 - DTC Fault Codes - MG-Rover.org Forums (http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=165933&highlight=obd+codes)
Cheers, they are all "P" codes though & do not relate to mine, Andy

andyx
15-08-2007, 13:34
When a 75 starts giving weird electrical problems there are a couple of things to check ASAP and I mean ASAP cos the longer you leave things the more expensive it can get.

1/ Check the plenum drains are clear and that your ECU is not getting drowned. If there is water in the plenum clear it out ASAP.

2/ If you have any electrical equipment in the boot (Sat Nav/CD player etc) check the spare wheel well for wet or damp. If it is wet dry out immediately and trace leak. Most likely to be rear light cluster sealing rubbers or the fixing holes for the chrome side trims. Damp electric kit has been known to cause all sorts of weird problems.

If neither of those turn up anything then you could try a battery disconnect reboot. This involves disconnecting the battery for about 10/15 minutes and then reconnecting. This has the efffect of forcing all the cars onboard computors to boot up from scratch. Bit like when Microsoft Windows gets its knickers twisted.

BEFORE DISCONNECTING MAKE SURE THAT THE SAT NAV IS SHUT DOWN PROPERLEY AND THAT YOU HAVE THE RADIO CODE.

HTH
Cheers I have already cheaked the plenum & it is bone dry, & the drain is clear, the boot is also dry, I will try the reboot though, sadly I did not get the radio code with the car, the previous owner was a carless peasant & lost everything including the spare keys. Andy

andyx
15-08-2007, 13:43
ahh thought so , thouse codes are meaninless i am afraid and will not help you in your dearch , every dash has sim if nothte same errors and as far as i know no one knows the reson

as above check you drain

as for the air bag light youll prob just need to play with the connectors under the saet (yellow and blue) dissconnect and reconct a few times to clean the contacts up (after disconecting the batt and waiting for 10 mins)

as for your reverse sensors do the emit a beep at all ? if not check the reverse lights are on , if not it will be the 8ish switch on hte gear box needs swopping , if you get a long error tone leave the car in reverse and listen to each sensor on hte bu,per they shud tick if one dosent its dead or hte wireing though to the boot is chaffed

hope you get it sorted if not come back and well try and help
Cheers will cheak the leads, wild goose codes, what is the point! What a bunch of ratbags wasting time & building up false hope!!!!!!!!!!!

David3807
15-08-2007, 14:20
Have you got a Fuel Burning Heater (FBH).

Box situated somewhere around the battery area. Sorry cant be more specific (Cos I have a petrol car) .

These have been known to cause odd problems when they fail. Think you can just disconnect it to see if that cures the problem.

Sherodub
15-08-2007, 15:38
I am following all elec threads due to my own ongoing probs, have done all the same checks as you, no joy either. I got an email of the FBH pic from Steve. collier2. See attached. Hope it helps.
http://forums.mg-rover.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=33981&stc=1&d=1187183852