MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG7 New Zealand

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  genpk 
#1 ·
Just wondering if any New Zealand members have had a look at the MG7 yet as I see they have a MG dealer with one over their.

#2 ·
We do? Not as far as I know. Was this news from the KiwiGuy on the China Car Forums perhaps? He has got his facts way off beam. The distributor in Newmarket that he mentions was where we bought our TF, and even at the time of his post they had been long gone. They are building another motorway bridge right over their old car sales site. No new MG's have been sold in NZ since Newmarket European sold the last one that they had. We have had a lot of F's and TF's imported from Japan as used cars in the past several years.

MG Rover NZ
is still in existence but they have not updated their web site beyond adding a piece about the MG6 in November.

#3 ·
Thanks for that, it's a pitty really that somone hasn't picked up the dealership and got onto flogging the MG7 over this part of the world.
I should imagine as they are basically a Rover 75 any licencing issues should have already been resolved by MGR you would think.
I think I like the look of the MG7 better than the newer MG6,it looks a little to generic in design like a bunch of other Asian type designs
I see Geely has started selling their products over here so it may only be a matter of time before SAIC get into the act.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.