The HeadGasket died again - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Blogs > p_b82

Rate this Entry

The HeadGasket died again

Posted 18-07-2010 at 17:55 by p_b82
Realised that i had not posted up here for a while, and to say that a few weeks after posting tuning being completed, i suffered a major Head Gasket failure when giving the car some beans.

Well i managed to nurse it for 3000 miles or so, and had some investigative work done on the car - faulty thermostat; water pump replaced; coolant flush and different coolant tried...

Well needless to say it did not help.

When Matt got his hands on it again the past few weeks he identified the head gasket had gone in 2 places; but we are still slightly none the wiser as to the root cause.

Once it is back in one piece then we will be getting some measurements from the exhaust manifold to detect the pressure. If it is significantly above boost then we will fashion a pressure relief system using an external wastegate running from the EGR port in the exhaust manifold.

Keeping fingers crossed as if this doesn't work will be de-tuning the car.
Submit "The HeadGasket died again" to Digg Submit "The HeadGasket died again" to del.icio.us Submit "The HeadGasket died again" to StumbleUpon Submit "The HeadGasket died again" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1613 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks