MG-Rover.org Forums banner
K

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Albums About

• · Registered
    16 Posts
    Dear K - I have the same problem with the Eibach rear ARB fixing. The ARB is right up against the Bilstein bolt. There seemed to be no reply from the chap in Spain to your advice to turn the shocker 180 degrees. I would rather not test it to find rubbing so I wondered if you had any further thoughts on that one?

The Eibach seems to be the same shape as the standard unit we took out, and we tried it upside down, in the end going for the fact that the Germans would have the writing the right way up!

My car is an early 2003 TF 160, I bought the Bilsteins separately from both RBs and it is only now that we managed to fit the rear ARB. We found that the drop-link threads were actually of different lengths - (from different sources) - one set had the fluted plastic covers, which had slightly longer bolts, and the other had plain matt metal - so in fact we had to swap the fluted from front to back - and what a bugger to get them off due to MG rust!

BTW I am in Victoria.

· Registered
    1,172 Posts
    When I'm at the place where I have the stuff stored next I'll take some pics for you. Have the slick shift too, it might be worth getting in touch with Mike Satur about that as he will probably be able to steer you in the right direction about what needs to be done to make a 6-speed change.

· Registered
    1,172 Posts
    Hi. Yeah, still have it along with some other bits I bought for putting it into my F. My XJS project got in the way but once that's finished I'm cracking on with doing the conversion.

· Registered
    1,716 Posts
    Mr Kameleon,
    £90 +courier is fine.
    They can go to an ML8 postcode to cut costs. My nephews step-father takes parcels for me.

Once you have the courier cost let me know and my nephew will Paypal you the money.

What needs done with the head?

· Registered
    1,484 Posts
    Hi Paul, sorry only just seen your message. i had the car up on axle stands. i had plenty of room but it is tight. i had to undo the torque tamer bush then use the jack to push the engine towards the rear to enable the manifold to fit up into the correct position. just give yourself plenty of time to do it.

· Registered
    1,716 Posts
    Mr Kameleon,
    Yes, I am still interested in the 11 spoke wheels.
    Could you tell me your price and give me some photographs please?

I'll assume they are not pristine and that dosn't worry me, i'm just nosey.

My message box is okay.

· Registered
    300 Posts
    paul, you still looking for braided hoses?
    this any good?
    ebay item no 400335155934
    bri

· Registered
    1,728 Posts
    Hi Paul

I hope you are well. I heard that you have been involve in an accident with your TF?

I was going through a thread http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=403000&page=3 and saw two pictures of your TF (post # 59), and on both the top horizontal slat appeared not to be horizontal with the bottom slat - is this just an optical illusion, or are they in fact not horizontal? The slats should not be touching the vent at any point.
    I just wanted to know as it looked odd in the pictures.
    Regards, Koos

· Registered
    12,950 Posts
    Hi Paul, where did you get those Alcantara bits from? I need 2 small blue bits to cover my doorcards with but finding the correct colour is proving hard.

Cheers Dan
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…