Andy Neate A Waste Of Time ??? - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 19-06-2012, 22:48

Car: zr tdi 180
I think because the mg was a bit of a rush to get done that Neats car is not finished yet i do not think it is a waist of time it could even be a test car trying different setups from what i have seen he does not push the car at all. It could be a number of things but i do not think it is a waist of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 24-06-2012, 19:45

Car: MKII MG ZT-T+ CDTI 135 & Focus 1.6 TDCI 55 plate
Andy had a very good drive this weekend, his best do far, even leading r3 until a bit of argy bargy that cost him some places sadly towards the end of the race.
Simon
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 24-06-2012, 19:51

Car: MG ZS120(2005) ■■■■■□□□□□□
I'm sure I saw him leading a race today and pulling away from the rest, until the car lost performance for some reason, for a while not even Plato could match Neate's lap times... with a change of luck he can clearly be competetive.
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 24-06-2012, 20:10

Car: MKII MG ZT-T+ CDTI 135 & Focus 1.6 TDCI 55 plate
Andy was indeed leading r3 for a while.
Simon
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 24-06-2012, 20:40

Car: Rover 75 Tourer Diesel Auto
I was quite impressed by his driving when he was out in front. The BMW in second wasnt closing on him and he was holding is own. Then bad luck had another good chew on his ass and he finished 9th. We don't often see Neates driving as the camera rarely focuses on the mid field battles.

Nice bit of flame part way through though.
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 24-06-2012, 21:58
Supporter

Car: Rover 414IS, Vectra 2.8T Elite, SEAT Leon Cupra (gone but not forgotten!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernstar002 View Post
Then bad luck had another good chew on his ass
Bad luck? Naaaah that was Matt Neal.....

Still a great drive from Andy in R3, certainly kept the beemers at bay. If it wasn't for those pesky Hondas....
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 24-06-2012, 23:15

Car: zr tdi 180
he did race well he was doing good times and this shows that mg are sorting the car and as a driver he can be up there with the best i think we can see good things from him in the near future
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 25-06-2012, 07:41
Supporter

Car: ZR TD, ZS 180 in Aurora
Garages
Send a message via MSN to SteveChilds
Quote:
Originally Posted by csd_19 View Post
Bad luck? Naaaah that was Matt Neal.....

Still a great drive from Andy in R3, certainly kept the beemers at bay. If it wasn't for those pesky Hondas....
Yeah, that was really, really annoying and something they should clamp down on. Neal didn't muscle his way past, he punted Andy off the track and he lost 5 places as a result.

F/TF Hybrid in Firefrost Red
ZS 180 in Aurora
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 25-06-2012, 08:35

Car: Rover 75
I thought Plato did him no favours either. Looked pretty much like he ploughed him out of the way too when he went into the lead.
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 25-06-2012, 08:40

Car: FunBuggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChilds View Post
Neal didn't muscle his way past, he punted Andy off the track
Not sure why you are surprised/upset about this, this is standard practise for Matt Neal & has been for as many years as I can remember.

Alan...
post #31 of 87 (permalink) Old 25-06-2012, 13:12 Thread Starter

Car: 2003 MG ZS 180 (Saloon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
Not sure why you are surprised/upset about this, this is standard practise for Matt Neal & has been for as many years as I can remember.

Alan...
All very true and yes Matt Neal is a favourite for doing that. I cannot stand the Honda team, all they seem to do is make excuses if they don't finish or qualify at the front, makes me wonder what they will think of next.

Yes Andy Neate did lead race three for a while, but I am 99.9% certain that is down to him making his way up the order on the reverse grid don't you think ?!
post #32 of 87 (permalink) Old 25-06-2012, 13:26
Supporter

Car: MG Montego Turbo; 620ti x3; MG ZS; MGF and MG ZT 1.8t x2; MG ZT-T x1
One of the main reasons I no longer watch and attend touring cars like I did many moons ago is due to Stewards action and inaction inconsistency. For years they have had their obvious favourites and turn a blind eye to those when they perform a PIT ( Precision Intercept Technique ) move unfairly on fellow competitors. Far too much of that sort of thing.

Good to see the name MG on the top spot of the podium. How many times has Plato recorded a DNS this season due to car issues... ( DNS = Did not start ).

I kept on channel swapping between the TC and F1 and the football later meant I was the original couch spud yesterday. That on top of the best week of racing at Royal Ascot I can ever remember.

Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives .........A.......

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh......... ......
post #33 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 22:48

Car: MG ZS120(2005) ■■■■■□□□□□□
Quote:
We don't believe it!

...Andy Neate has now led more miles for MG than team-mate Jason Plato.
Source: http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3056
post #34 of 87 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 23:43

Car: FunBuggy
But it's only the last yard that counts

Alan...
post #35 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 18:40
soj

Car: ......................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
Alan...
This is why i'm not a fan of Neal, or the team/car he drives. He moans like a ******* everytime he feels there is the slightest injustice to him. Plato, it seems to me can be a little boysterous but Neal it seems to me is just a bumper car driver with the attitude of i'm coming through at some point, just wait for the punt "mate"
Tap to pass merchant my son calls him!

Andy Neate? He's worth his weight in gold! He is trying to do a proper job. He's been racing for a while as most will know but he seems to me to be making good progress at every race.

Last edited by soj; 08-07-2012 at 18:47.
post #36 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 19:22 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soj View Post
This is why i'm not a fan of Neal, or the team/car he drives. He moans like a ******* everytime he feels there is the slightest injustice to him. Plato, it seems to me can be a little boysterous but Neal it seems to me is just a bumper car driver with the attitude of i'm coming through at some point, just wait for the punt "mate"
Tap to pass merchant my son calls him!

Andy Neate? He's worth his weight in gold! He is trying to do a proper job. He's been racing for a while as most will know but he seems to me to be making good progress at every race.
I have to disagree with that, the reverse grid in race 3 at Croft proved that, infact I don't even know where he finished in the end. But put him up the front, he'll hold everyone up and then either get punted off by someone like Matt Neal or will get passed by everyone. I just don't think he cuts it with such a good team and car, but what do I know, I'm not a BTCC driver !

Matt Neal however, I think his favourite word must be "boost". I'm not sure if it was Croft where he said the Honda's were 7mph slower by the end of the pit straight, strange really as I thought they looked quite competetive.

To be honest like the other fella a few posts up, I've lost interest in the BTCC since the SuperTouring era ended in 2000. All it is seems now is tiny budgets, big spoilers and bodykits and slower and fewer cars and next to no manufacturers entering teams.
post #37 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 20:27
soj

Car: ......................
The 3rd race reverse grid at all BTCC races is basically there to handicap the first x (whichever number is picked from the hat) drivers (by definition) so it makes for a much more interesting race, until some ****** like Neal comes along that is. The best (?) way to stop "drivers" like Neal at others punting people off would be a drive through penalty........Mmmm yes please!
Didn't Newsham get shunted off by someone earlier in the year?
post #38 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 20:31
Supporter

Car: MG Montego Turbo; 620ti x3; MG ZS; MGF and MG ZT 1.8t x2; MG ZT-T x1
I have been an avid enthusiast for Motor Sports since the days of Fangio and Moss. During that time only one driver have I ever developed a really strong dislike for... Matt Neal! Not only for his driving, but the way time and again the Stewards turn a blind eye whilst at the same time penalising other drivers for lesser bad judgements.

Hit PIT move on Neate was typical of the Geezer!

Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives .........A.......

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh......... ......
post #39 of 87 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 14:52

Car: Rover 75, Triumph Speed Triple, MG TF
Plato seems like a top bloke and accepts whats going on "its touring car racing" you are always going to have a few bumps but Shedden seems to moan a bit
post #40 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 15:55 Thread Starter

Well done Andy! 13th position!