BTCC Croft qualifying. 10 06 2017 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 16:27 Thread Starter

Car: 2013 MG 3 VTI Tech Style
BTCC Croft qualifying. 10 06 2017

Awful qualifying session with some big crashes due to oil being dumped on the track, Aron Taylor Smith's car looks like it won't be back out tomorrow. The commentators saying he was knocked out in the crash which if so means he won't be able to race tomorrow even if they could get the car fixed in time.

Two drivers had to be extricated out of the cars so further damage was done to the cars cutting them out. Luke Davenport and Jeff Smith were the two that had to be cut out of the cars, Aron had already been extricated at that point and taken to the Medical centre, both the other drivers were extricated and taken to the medical centre.

Another shame for MG among other teams involved in that crash, as both MG's were going well and qualifying only lasted 8 mins odd so hardly anyone had put in actual laps so the order would have changed as the session went on.

Last edited by simcor; 10-06-2017 at 22:04.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 16:05
Supporter

Car: MG Montego Turbo; 620ti x3; MG ZS; MGF and MG ZT 1.8t x2; MG ZT-T x1
Quote:
Originally Posted by simcor View Post
Awful qualifying session with some big crashes due to oil being dumped on the track, Aron Taylor Smith's car looks like it won't be back out tomorrow. The commentators saying he was knocked out in the crash which if so means he won't be able to race tomorrow even if they could get the car fixed in time.

Two drivers had to be extricated out of the cars so further damage was done to the cars cutting them out. Luke Davenport and Jeff Smith were the two that had to be cut out of the cars, Aron had already been extricated at that point and taken to the Medical centre, both the other drivers were extricated and taken to the medical centre.

Another shame for MG among other teams involved in that crash, as both MG's were going well and qualifying only lasted 8 mins odd so hardly anyone had put in actual laps so the order would have changed as the session went on.
There's is footage on YT and several drivers had serious injuries. Broken bones etc. Best wishes to all for speedy recoveries. The MG driver has a broken leg I believe. Not nice.

Been watching the live coverage on Channel 24 Freeview. BTCC third and last race about to start right now.

Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives .........A.......

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh......... ......
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 18:00

Car: FunBuggy
Huge KUDOS to Turkington in the first race, completely clean the whole race, not like Sheddon at Oulton who just deliberately knocked the guy in front off the track because he couldn't get past cleanly.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 19:02

Car: MGZS180,MGZR160,MGF VVC,MG Maestro T16, Rover 111
That multiple accident yesterday was nasty, I wish a speedy recovery to the two drivers still in hospital.

I caught the first two races in between doing our 35m2 deck but the sky box decided to have a funny turn so missed the last one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2017, 20:22
Supporter

Car: MG Montego Turbo; 620ti x3; MG ZS; MGF and MG ZT 1.8t x2; MG ZT-T x1
Agreed Phaeton.

For many years now I have not been an enthusiastic viewer of the BTCC as I once was.

You have to go back to the 1980s and before when I was an avid TV viewer of Touring cars Saw Jimmy Clark and Graham Hill in Lotus Cortinas and attended many meetings. Yes, I am that old. Also the big V8 Rovers were successful in the early 1980s.

My interest started to take a steep dive when the likes of Neal and Sheddon appeared and time and again the Stewards turned a blind eye to the foul driving techniques whilst penalising others for lesser "incidents".

I really hate unfairness.

Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives .........A.......

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh......... ......