Rover 75 Radio Wiring - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 16:46 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 75
Rover 75 Radio Wiring

I've just bought a Rover 75 Touring for my wife and wonder if anyone would be able to tell me which wires are which on the harmony radio plug.

The reason I need to know is that I am installing the Sony Ericsson hands free kit which is wired into the loom and need to locate the power/mute/individual speaker wires on the back of the radio. Any description/pin numbers/diagrams much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 16:57

Car: Rover 75 V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykildare
I've just bought a Rover 75 Touring for my wife and wonder if anyone would be able to tell me which wires are which on the harmony radio plug.

The reason I need to know is that I am installing the Sony Ericsson hands free kit which is wired into the loom and need to locate the power/mute/individual speaker wires on the back of the radio. Any description/pin numbers/diagrams much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Tony
pm me an email address and I can send you a pin diagram for the Harmony plug.

Regards

Mike
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 19:37

Car: MG ZTT
Which kit are you installing, I put a Parrot CK3100 in my ZTT at the weekend and its brilliant, ISO connectors just plugged straight in and took about 30 minutes to fit. I looked at the HCB 700 as I liked the seperate set up and the voice digit dialling.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 19:43

Car: Rover 75 V8
The Harmony uses the (in)famous BMW connectors and plugs and isn't straightforward like an iso set up

Regards

Mike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 17:59

Car: Rover 200 (-95)
I know this might be a bit late but rather that chopping that cables, you can buy a premade wiring loom to fit the car and then an accessory cable to fit the car kit - I've put a parrot kit in a focus for my wife and it took about 15 minutes!

Go to www.incardiscount.co.uk - you'll probably have to ring them because all the leads aren't on their site - but they will have (and know about) all the leads you need.

...Spence