One to avoid - Autonet Insurance - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 16:01 Thread Starter

Car: non-Rover/MG
Angry One to avoid - Autonet Insurance

i will try and make this as short as possible lol.

i bought my ZR just over 2 weeks ago,so phoned insurance to change vehicle details,easy job i thought,done it a few times before with no hassle.
i was driving a 2.2 Astra coupe,so they take the details for the ZR and tell me that the insurers wont insure it...

they tell me they will have to cancel my policy and get me another quote and start again

then they quote me 200 more than the premium on they Astra

so i tell them not to bother,cancel the bloody policy.pass me on to another dept and get told refund of 275 is owed and will be paid within 7 days.
today is the 7 days,no refund,so i ring them and it hasnt even been processed and then get told i am only now getting 230 refund

but i cant be arsed to argue,as i want my money,so now gotta wait a further "X" amount of days,but it will be done as a "matter of urgency"

we shall see..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 16:20

Car: Discovery 300 V8 & TD5, MR2 Turbo.
+1 on this I will never use them or Flux again.

Chaucer has been great, my previous insurer screwed my no claims up Chaucer amended my quote which I wasn't happy about going up 280. So I contacted them they told me how to resolve it which I went about and did so they refunded me the money over the phone NOW THATS SERVICE!

I did lose 20 in charges but they have said come renewal time they will try price match anyone else and include a 20 discount (this will be seen come renewal time) but 20 for the time help and good nature plus being able to understand them correctly IMO was a small price to pay.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 16:28

Car: Peugeot 207 1.4hdi
That sounds like they realised they didn't want your business. They must be doing well!

Echoing above, Chaucer (through Sky Insurance on here!) have been great for me the past three years.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 18:22

Car: Audi TT 225 Quatrro
Used them for two years linked to aviva. Found them to be excellent. Remember they are a not a provider, simply a service finder.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 21:47

Car: Discovery 300 V8 & TD5, MR2 Turbo.
Yes the broker is the face of the company therefore they should be pushing for great customer service as they have many products at there disposal, yet some rarely seem interested.

Seems to be the case of they know we need them and have to have insurance so they abuse that, sorry I'd rather pay a bit extra and go else where these days.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 16:29 Thread Starter

Car: non-Rover/MG
Update on this.....

it pays to complain

a manager from Autonet has just rang me and they've realised there mistake and are now refunding the full 275 owed

still gotta wait upto (another) 5 working days