Photoshop CS2 Help - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 20-05-2014, 13:56 Thread Starter

Car: MG ZR
Send a message via MSN to carl hammond Send a message via Skype™ to carl hammond
Photoshop CS2 Help

Hi All,

I am currently in the process fo getting to use the Photoshop CS2 programme that I have and need to know if anyone has any useful tips or hits around how it works as I am struggling to do even the simplest of things and hate it (mainly due to my inability to use it).

I know its a great tool but I cant get my head around the layering, the editing and so on.

I have seent he tutorials here but many are based around car stuff and mine needs to be around me using it for design reasons.

Can anyone help at all.

Thanks

Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 20-05-2014, 22:41

Car: MG TF 160
What kind of designing are you trying to do with PS?

PS is good for a lot of things, but not everything...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 21-05-2014, 07:31 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to carl hammond Send a message via Skype™ to carl hammond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzy View Post
What kind of designing are you trying to do with PS?

PS is good for a lot of things, but not everything...
Hi mate

I have recently started my own business where I supply by request martial arts gear and I need to be able to edit images of my products to append images from each club to it etc and also to edit the images to append my company image for my own brand (once I am happy with my image and company name).

I think this would be a good programme for it unless there are others you feel would be better, if not fingers crossed you can advise on this and how to do it :-)

Or would it be best trying to find a later version of PS?

Thanks in advance

Carl

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 21-05-2014, 22:31

Car: MG TF 160
Adding text/logos is perfectly fine for CS2. I'll try and explain it as well as I can, but I no longer have a copy of CS2 to look at.

Always make a copy of the image before any editing, so you've got a backup of the original just in case you save over the original one with text.

Assuming its just plain text to be added ontop of an image ...

1. Open the image.
2. Press the "t" key to select the text tool.
3. At the top near the middle of the screen there should be a box, which should be filled in with black, click on that and that will allow you to adjust the colour of the text. Click ok when correct colour chosen.
4. Click roughly where you want the text to be (can be adjusted later if required)
5. Type whatever you want to type.
6. To the right of colour change box there should be a tick symbol, click that.
Optional: Press the "v" key to select the move tool. With this you can then click and drag the text into position.

Let me know how you get on.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 27-05-2014, 13:47 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzy View Post
Adding text/logos is perfectly fine for CS2. I'll try and explain it as well as I can, but I no longer have a copy of CS2 to look at.

Always make a copy of the image before any editing, so you've got a backup of the original just in case you save over the original one with text.

Assuming its just plain text to be added ontop of an image ...

1. Open the image.
2. Press the "t" key to select the text tool.
3. At the top near the middle of the screen there should be a box, which should be filled in with black, click on that and that will allow you to adjust the colour of the text. Click ok when correct colour chosen.
4. Click roughly where you want the text to be (can be adjusted later if required)
5. Type whatever you want to type.
6. To the right of colour change box there should be a tick symbol, click that.
Optional: Press the "v" key to select the move tool. With this you can then click and drag the text into position.

Let me know how you get on.
Thanks mate I will have a go at this, sorry for slow reply I have not been online since last week, how can I put one image onto another etc also ?

Thanks

Carl