2002 MG ZS +120 saloon
- Solar Red CMU with Matrix red/green interior
- 92,000 miles
- MOT 30 Sept 2017
- 3 previous owners, last owner since 2005
- 2 original MG keys and working fobs
- First registered October 2002 . Built January 2002 and is a pre-Project Drive model with the thicker carpet, more insulation, chrome sill plates, flocked glovebox, doors that thud not clang etc. - just a better car all round
runs sweetly and quietly. Minor oil leak. Recent oil/filter, air filter and coolant change. Plugs were decent on last inspection.
shifts cleanly, slight play in gear linkage
light and smooth pedal, no sign of slip, occasional slight judder.
even, progressive, effective. Decent handbrake. Discs and pads replaced all round for last MOT.
Wheels / Tyres
matching Three A tyres all round in correct 205/50 16 size. All four replaced for last MOT. Original spacesaver in boot with jack kit. Wheels generally sound with minor blemishes and kerbing to all (far better quality paint than later PD cars). Locking wheelnuts with key.
no untoward knocks, looks clean. Taut handling, ride decent. Rear main trailing arm bushes an advisory on the last MOT.
- Paintwork bright. Bumpers covered in parking marks. Other small dints and areas of lacquer peel elsewhere but generally very presentable. Rear arches and fuel filler area very clean. Drivers front jacking point/arch area will need welding for next MOT. Corrosion also advised to passenger side on last MOT. All door handles work.
good order. Usual wear to drivers bolster. Headlining in rear has been reattached. Electric sunroof does not leak and tilts only. Fan works on all speeds. Good heater. Radio reception sometimes iffy. Air con requires recharging.
everything works bar the slide function on the sunroof. Both front windows work smoothly (both regulators recently adjusted, tightened and lubricated). Will be supplied with JVC cassette player and 12 CD changer (not shown Kenwood unit this is going back in my TF!). Another Kenwood CD head unit is available for £20. Wipers/washer, lights and locks are fully functioning. All warning lights illuminate and extinguish as they should.
only 3 previous owners. The previous keeper owned the car since 2005 and worked on the buses prior to retiring not long after buying the car. It was then regularly serviced at the bus depot by a former workmate. There is no paperwork to this effect bar a charming letter from the previous owner and my subsequent conversation with him, however the condition of the car bear testament to its upkeep. I was informed the head gasket, water pump and cambelt were changed in 2006, again there is no paperwork to confirm other than a small sticker under the bonnet. Original handbook/service book is included with first service stamped. V5 in my name.
the ZS has the following mods and upgrades: front footwell courtesy lights, rear courtesy light, front splitter, stainless exhaust finisher, silver carbon fibre-effect dash trim, MG ZT perforated leather handbrake grip and gaiter (RARE!), ZS180 perforated leather gear lever gaiter, ZS180 leather steering wheel (different to shown).
The car is located near Crewe, Cheshire, 5 minutes from M6 J16. Viewing is welcome however I will not be available from Good Friday (14th April) until Sunday 30th April). I am using the car daily so the mileage will increase slightly.