Aux belt path diagram R45 Diesel with aircon - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-05-2017, 16:32 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 45
Aux belt path diagram R45 Diesel with aircon

My aux belt, alternator belt has snapped (R45 Diesel with aircon) the Haynes manual does not show how to refit it and im not able to find a diagram showing the belts path around all the pulleys.
Please does anyone have a diagram showing how the belt fits back on the pulleys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-05-2017, 16:59
Rover Lifestyle

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape' & Rover 600
You mean this one:

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-05-2017, 20:14

Car: Rover 25 2.0TD
Mine came off yesterday. Belt slipped - I think its caused by the common power steering pump leak, plus a little engine oil mixed in.

Its very easy to do, takes much longer to get going and tidy up than to put the belt on (and the hour I walked to get a belt!). The tricky part is feeding it through, carefully with a large flat head. 15mm round spanner for the tensioner. Have a good wiggle of each pulley first for play just in case the root cause is something more sinister - for example the tensioner bearing itself.

Took 5 minutes once jacked and set up - have a friend lift it onto the alternator pulley and a torch to check its on all properly.

If I had one in the boot I'd have done it at a quiet road side rather than wait 90 minutes to get lifted.

Good luck.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-05-2017, 21:37

Car: Maestros, 200, 600, ZTT
Send a message via MSN to E_T_V
If the belt comes of or frays then carefully check the tensioner isn't worn, running rough or running at an angle. The second is becoming more common and often leads to the shredded belt getting wrapped around the crank pulley causing the cambelt to jump/break trashing the cylinder head.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-05-2017, 22:24

Car: Rover 25 2.0TD
Hi E_T_V,

Mine definitely off due to leak(s). Did it two years back. The car was already booked in Wednesday for inspection after the recent intercooler pipe and water leak and to check the belts. Typical.

For op might be worth mentioning the Honda manual previously posted by E_T_V (thanks)

L series Service Manual download

Go into honda accord > Diesel shop supplement.

Had the above graphic on a tablet when doing mine earlier.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 16-05-2017, 10:40 Thread Starter

Thanks all of you, l really appreciate the help, thanks specially for the diagram!
The car is on ebay now as the garage have said dont spend any more money on it, 3k in the last 2 years! but l love that car after all the work l put into it it was a hard decision.
What is else there that can do 50mpg ice cold aircon, handles and brakes well and is as much fun!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 17-05-2017, 12:01 Thread Starter

Just fitted belt and Wow it was really easy, much quicker than l thought