Replacing the centre vertical leak off (fuel return) pipe? - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 20:23 Thread Starter
Ed3

Car: CityRover
Replacing the centre vertical leak off (fuel return) pipe?

On an L series Rover 45 2.0TD 53 plate how do I replace the centre vertical pipe that goes down and disappears.

I have read the centre vertical pipe goes to a banjo union on the diesel injector pump but I cannot trace which union it goes to. Or which parts I need to take off to get at it. Haynes does not cover this point.

I assume lots of people on this website have done this repair before? What parts do I take off? Is there a diagram? Thanks

Last edited by Ed3; 07-04-2017 at 20:34.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 15:54
rqt

Car: Rover 45
The leak off pipe is probably no more than 12" / 300mm long & runs underneath the injection pump to the front of the pump.

Remove the flexible pipe from the intercooler to the inlet plenum & you should get sufficient access to replace it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 23:06 Thread Starter
Ed3

Car: CityRover
Thanks. I will try that. When I take that intake flexible pipe off, how fussy should I be about cleaning inside it? (The outside does not look it's best.)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 11:11
rqt

Car: Rover 45
The inside of the intercooler pipe will be oily but should otherwise be clean. So it should not require cleaning inside. It would be best to clean the outside before removing the pipe - this will keep your hands cleaner & reduce the chances of you transferring oily crud to the inside of the pipe.