SDi injectors - Information for prospective purchasers - Page 18 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.38 average. Display Modes
post #341 of 347 (permalink) Old 13-11-2014, 22:16

Car: Rover 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnyc View Post
It would but it would be very smoky due to over fuelling but as you said above the boost would increase slightly anyway so you would see a noticeable change.
Yes but im talking if i reduce the boost after fitting the SDis to the standard boost.

Im questioning this because i want both the engine and the turbo as healthy as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 347 (permalink) Old 14-11-2014, 06:49
Supporter

Car: 820 Vitesse*RIP, MG ZS+ 115, 825 Sterling Coupe *RIP, 825 Sterling Saloon, Subaru Legacy 3.0 specB
Garages
Send a message via MSN to gibbzy2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem View Post
Yes but im talking if i reduce the boost after fitting the SDis to the standard boost.

Im questioning this because i want both the engine and the turbo as healthy as possible.
I found a lot more smoke with lower boost. Which is why I increased the boost to about 19 psi, it reduced the smoke a lot then.

I believe if you have lower boost and more fuel from the sdis you'll get more smoke because the car will be running richer and have unburned fuel. Increasing the boost will put more air in with the mix and burn more efficiently leaving less unburned fuel. I could be wrong on that bit of science but that was my thinking when I put the sdis in and it seemed to work. The more boost I gave it the less smoke and a lot more go too. Lol
post #343 of 347 (permalink) Old 14-11-2014, 10:18

Yes, i think that would work like you said..

The main question is, more boost = more stress to the turbo (and engine?).

On other side, i dont know if the overfuel isnt bad to the engine too. Maybe ill start to try something in the middle, like 18psi. Currently i have adjusted it to 16.5/17psi. It was making about 15Psi, barely 16.

post #344 of 347 (permalink) Old 14-11-2014, 10:31

Car: MG ZR+ TD 115
People have been running 19PSi for years, it's considered the "safe" value for the turbo.

Most you'll get out of it is 22~23 PSI so it's not working flat out at 19.
post #345 of 347 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:28

Ive read that SDis can cause some hesitation when driving at low rpm, thats correct?

If its the same issue with the Clip Mode is really annoying, the car (specially when cold) really hesitates and starts to "kangaroo".

Im not planning to blank the EGR for now. I suspect it can increase fuel consumption and combustion temperature, no?

Whats your experience? SDis can cause a bad driving experience at low rpm? I drive a lot at low rpm, (1500/2000 RPM).
post #346 of 347 (permalink) Old 13-12-2014, 10:47

Did you notice any change in engine sound with the SDI fitted?

Yesterday i fitted them and i really didnt notice nothing special but when i was picking up a friend, she was waiting me on the street and asking what i did to the car because it was "louder" and have "strong" noise.

About results, the car feels a lot more powerfull, specially in low revs. I didnt change the turbo boost but the injectors for themself did. It was making about low 17s and now low 18s.

I dont see any special smoke, only a bit, but nothing like a train. Ive cleaned the EGR, maybe that did help.

It does some "hesitation" sometimes when slowing down, but nothing special. With the clip mode it did a lot more!
post #347 of 347 (permalink) Old 19-12-2014, 22:52

Car: Rover 45 Impression S3 TDie
I've been running SDI injectors for a couple of weeks now and found that the car runs more smoothly at low rpm and also is better at junctions because of the extra fueling. Certainly wouldn't want to go back to 99bhp, as drove a standard car the other day and there just wasn't the same smooth journey. Will report back on mpg differences but I'm still experimenting with the boost.

Mpg is not brilliant 35-40, although just got 50 by keeping an eye on the speedometer rather than the scangauge. Think I'll go down the remap route!

Last edited by Neil_C_Rover25; 05-06-2015 at 14:41.