MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Pride of Longbridge 2011 SE convoy from Clacket

13K views 69 replies 19 participants last post by  Captain Slow 
#1 · (Edited)
I will PM people on the list 2 days before the event as a reminder.

Right guys, I am organising with a couple of Metro guys a MG Rover convoy to Pride of Longbridge on SATURDAY 16TH APRIL.

We are going to be meeting in the carpark at M25 Clacket Lane services CLOCKWISE about 7am and M40 Beaconsfield services NORTHBOUND about 8am.

Anyone with a MG or Rover is welcome to come along. Don't worry if you have slow car, all will be legal 70mph motoring.

Drop your name below and spread the word. Would be great to see 10 MGRs going up the motorway together. :D

There are 2 meeting points for people from the North and South. People from South can meet at M25 services and people from the North area can meet on the M40. People from the South then hook up at the M40 with the other people.

Saturday 16th April.

7am M25- Clacket Lane services - clockwise TN16 2ER

8am M40 Beaconsfield services- northbound. HP9 2SE

Any car with any rleation to Longbridge is allowed, old, young, modded, factory. :)

GOOGLE MAP directions of journey:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...,-1.606468&sspn=0.014289,0.042272&ie=UTF8&z=8

Be there or be nowhere!

See less See more
#19 ·
List

Clackett Lane. [CLOCKWISE] 7am

traineecollins [Rover 100]
tezza SG1 [Austin Maestro]
Flying Banana [MG ZT]
RalphG [Montego]
scott92 [Rover 45]
R100_vvc [R100] + couple of additional Metros.
carmadbaker [MGZS Turbo]

Beaconsfield [NORTHBOUND] 8am

Fast Alan [200 BRM]
Capatin Slow [MGZS 180]
Welshone [200 BRM]
chris_6996 [MG ZT]

#24 · (Edited)
Ive put you down for it! Let us know if you can't make it! :)

List

Flying Banana [MG ZT]
RalphG [Montego]
scott92 [Rover 45]
carmadbaker [MGZS Turbo]
Lawrence-zs180 (MG ZS 180)

Fast Alan [200 BRM]
Capatin Slow [MGZS 180]
Welshone [200 BRM]
chris_6996 [MG ZT]
SD1-30 [Rover SD1]

#27 ·
Count me in!

Flying Banana [MG ZT]
RalphG [Montego]
scott92 [Rover 45]
carmadbaker [MGZS Turbo]
Lawrence-zs180 (MG ZS 180)
Scarab (ZS)

Fast Alan [200 BRM]
Capatin Slow [MGZS 180]
Welshone [200 BRM]
chris_6996 [MG ZT]
SD1-30 [Rover SD1]

#29 ·
Nearer the time Im going to get everyone to put up their phone numbers so that if we need to contact if we can't make it or gonna be late we can ring/ text someone who can let everyone else know.

Also Ill try to arrive at Clackett Lane first, my car will have one of those 'football' car flags as a union jack on whilst parked so you can find me.

When we are travelling, if someone needs services they will have to flash to convoy car infront and then indicate early, so then they can flash and do the same to the car infront of them and so on. If at the front of the queue, just indicate early so we all know.

#38 · (Edited)
Greetings!

We would love to join you on this run up to Brum, and will meet at Clackets just before 7am.

Being newbies, can you advise what happens when we get to Longbridge, and what time we will be leaving?

Thanks!

Ron and Joan
If you take a look at the 'Pride of Longbridge' threads in 'General Chat' and 'Event Chat' there are photos of the event.

Basically, it is a mass 300-400 car meet held on the weekend closest to the anniversary to the companies demise. It is to celebrate all things Longbridge, Rover, MG or anythign with any relation to either Rover [Cowley & Solihull cars] or Longbridge [Lotus Elise K series engined cars etc...].

It's a free event, simply park up with similar cars, chat and mingle. Then people go off on certain runs with their clubs in the evening if they have organised that, some people park on the display plinth outside Q gate and get photos.

As far as I know there are no plans for a return convoy, but maybe we can orange something casual while we are there. You are free to leave whenever you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.