Hello from Serbia - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 63 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 615 (permalink) Old 24-10-2008, 18:59 Thread Starter

Car: Rover 75
Smile Hello from Serbia

Hallo,
We are still not in EU , but is there any prohibition to be on the forum? Yes, I think so.
Pa da se čujemo i vidimo iako nas još neće u zajednicu, pristup forumima nam je slobodan. Svim ponosnim vlasnicima Rovera srdačan pozdrav iz Leskovca, prestonog grada dobrog roštilja.

Last edited by ivanilicleskova; 03-11-2008 at 19:03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 615 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 13:34
Supporter

Car: MG3 Style Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanilicleskova
...I was upload photos of my car on the 45 and 49 th. page "Photos of your Rower or MGZT". Yes, I think it is very, very nice car. And very, very noble.
Can you please send the links? I would love to see...

Also, remember you have only space for 5 messages, so delete these when you have read/sent them!I think I said this too late! your messages are full!
post #3 of 615 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 18:13 Thread Starter

beauty

Here we are
Quote:

Installed LPG Zavoly system. Its price with installation is 750 E. Consumption of LPG in urban driving is 15-16 l. This refers to the short distances 5-7 km daily. Consumption depends on the season. During the summer, the car consumes less, 13-14 l. On the open road with a speed of 120 km / h, the consumption is 11-11.5 l LPG. Embedded toroid tank capacity 42 l, which allows the 220-250 km ride. Bearing in mind that the price of LPG in Serbia 0:55 E, while the price of MB 1.1 E, it is easy to calculate where the advantage.

Last edited by ivanilicleskova; 01-05-2010 at 10:23. Reason: Tring to get the images to work.
post #4 of 615 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 22:22
Supporter

I don't know why we can't see those photos on the thread itself...I'll ask...

What a nice-looking car! what colour is it?

I am sure the 75 drivers will be glad to welcome you on their forum, unless they are jealous!
post #5 of 615 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 22:47
Administrator

Car: MG TF 135 Platinum Silver, Skoda Roomster
Garages
It doesn't look like embedded images are allowed in this thread/section of the forum.
post #6 of 615 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 05:32
Administrator

Car: 2011 (61) BMW 330D M Sport in Titanium Silver
Garages
post #7 of 615 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:54
Supporter

Thanks to Chris T and to Bazza for enabling photos. I know what the first photo is that I would like to post in the German Corner - never been able to.

We know that there have been arguments about who owns the Intellectual Property (IP) rights to elements of Rover including the name and the longship badge. Has a manufacturer discovered that no-one has the IP to Rovers made out of watermelons (lubenica*(sp?)?

Otherwise, ivanilicleskova, mo longer having the links to most of your photos here is nature's way of telling you to post them in the Rover 75 forum where you will make lots of people jealous!

I suggest start a thread here:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/forumdisplay.php?f=90

but only put maybe two or three of your best photos in to start with...

* Just discovered I remembered the Serbo-Croat for "watermelon". Which was handy TBH...
post #8 of 615 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:51

Car: 214 Si 16V 1997 model
Pozdrav braći srbima iz Hrvatske ajde bar netko tko prica na hrvatsko srpski hehehe .
post #9 of 615 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:50
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petric View Post
Pozdrav braći srbima iz Hrvatske ajde bar netko tko prica na hrvatsko srpski hehehe .
That's probably what I wanted to say - unless the second bit about Croatian and Serbian is a bit rude, hence the hehehe or lol, as we like to call it -

the post makes me think of Braća Blues and the question "Are church services in America always like that?" which my Croatian and Serbian friends asked me -

(using new picture embedding (thanks to ivanilicleskova) to show the Reverend James Brown at church)

This is Serbian corner, so here I can say voz instead of vlak and stacije instead of kolodvor..,

but I think we can all agree on MG, Rover and pivo!

: pivo: :more pivo:
post #10 of 615 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 14:50 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petric View Post
Pozdrav i tebi brate hrvate. I svoj braći iz bivše nam zemlje koji su ljubitelji Rovera. Takođe pozdrav i braći preko bare u USA kojima čestitam izbor predsednika sa željom da se u zdravlju služe s njim.

Thanks to Chris T and to Bazza for enabling photos, and patpending too. I am very glad that You like my special Rover"s photo.
And, I agre with You : Rover and pivo! , sometimes meybe špricer (half wine, half mineral wother)
post #11 of 615 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 15:57
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanilicleskova View Post
...And, I agre with You : Rover and pivo! , sometimes meybe špricer (half wine, half mineral wother)
but don't drink and drive - you will spill the beer. Drive the Rover, park it, then have the pivo or špricer. (We use the German spelling "Spritzer"...)

There is an 1859 map of Italy in a shop across the road from me, showing Austria-Hungary but not Turkey (so Serbia is not on the map). Maybe simon.guna from Slovenia knew where Marienburg (Maribor) was but I was surprised to find Koprownitz (Koprovnica) in Croatia!

Of course, Fünfkirchen in Hungary is now spelt Pećs. Right.
post #12 of 615 (permalink) Old 13-11-2008, 06:51 Thread Starter

I have no intend to expanded topic (Rovers, beer and pretty woman). Here we are an old Balkans map from 14 th century. I can not find map from 1589.

Last edited by ivanilicleskova; 14-11-2008 at 07:14.
post #13 of 615 (permalink) Old 13-11-2008, 08:38
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanilicleskova View Post

I have no intend to expanded topic (Rover, beer and pretty woman). Here we are an old Balkans map from 14 th century. I can not find map from 1589.
yes, ivanilicleskova, if you wish to discuss Rovers, beer and pretty women you will hardly find anyone who can talk to you in Serb (srpska jezik?) and perhaps only Petric in Croat. You've heard my best words already!

Having said which, "Rovers, beer and pretty women in German" is the mission statement for the German Corner! but there are several of us who speak German.

"General Chat" is the best place for "Beer and pretty women" in English. And it is full of threads that all the family can read on those two subjects! ("Rovers" as cars go into the model-specific forums)

The map was from 1859 just after the first railways were built. I think the first-ever "Orient-Express" did not travel via Belgrade, but via Budapest (then Austria-Hungary) and Sofia (which was then in Turkey like Belgrade).

I found this map of Turkey including Serbia:

It's not very clear, but you can see that modern-day Bulgaria and a large chunk of southern Romania are included as well as Serbia.
post #14 of 615 (permalink) Old 13-11-2008, 10:43
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patpending View Post
..."General Chat" is the best place for "Beer and pretty women" in English. And it is full of threads that all the family can read on those two subjects! ...
here is quotes from General Chat, to prove a point...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursus-2 View Post
dont you like the ethnic music pat
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=5-98bN...eature=related
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=dpO93jR4kL4
There are other worlds, but there are
Quote:
Originally Posted by patpending View Post
Thanks for the links.

That second link, Emir Kusturica - is he Serbian? I noticed the station where that video was filmed (Kovacica) is in Serbia, south of Belgrade. It is music to a very Finnish taste, like the Finnish Eläkeläiset (pensioners) - here's their version of "Livin' On a Prayer" http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yfBS0Be7EFc

I love world music, but the world is so big and I am so small!

But ursus, when you post, the green lizard men are coming along and saying "In Spain, it is now one o'clock in the morning. Time for you to go to bed, so you can go to work tom
Is Emir Kusturica from Serbia? is Kovacica near where you live?
post #15 of 615 (permalink) Old 14-11-2008, 06:16 Thread Starter

Emir Kusturica was born in Sarajevo, 1954. During 1999 He moved out from Bosnia and Hercegovina and migrate to Belgrade. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emir_Kusturica
Kovačica http://www.took.org.yu/pageen/kovacica.htm

About Lesksovac you can look out the window http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leskovac

Last edited by ivanilicleskova; 14-11-2008 at 20:33.
post #16 of 615 (permalink) Old 14-11-2008, 06:31
Supporter

Thank you ivanilicleskova.

I notice how the fields at Leskovac are stripy! (long and thin)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?near=L...arch+Maps&rl=1
post #17 of 615 (permalink) Old 14-11-2008, 20:53 Thread Starter

Yes, my dear on line friend,
the fields at Leskovac are not stripy! (long and thin) as my english.
The city, initially known as Dubočica, was once known as "Little Manchester", because of its 19th century textile industry which was second only to that of Manchester, England. Today only connection between Leskovac and England is Rover. Ok, ok, and Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Aston Villa, Hull City, Everton, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Fulham, Bolton, Stoke City, .... too.
post #18 of 615 (permalink) Old 22-11-2008, 10:11 Thread Starter

Nije valjda da nema nikoga ko govori srpski ili hrvatski ili makedonski na ovom sajtu. Petrić se javio pa ućutao. Porodica Rover vlasnika jeste mala na ovim našim prostorima, pa utoliko veća potreba da se čujemo i razmenimo iskustva oko održavanja, pripreme vozila za zimu, rezervnih delova, servisiranja i td.
post #19 of 615 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 11:56 Thread Starter

Devil's town

[img]htt
p://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8615/dsc05514.jpg[/img]

www.new7wonders.com.
Devil's town. Natural beauty, which is nominated for one of the 7 world wonders.
If you like please vote.
Đavolja Varoš (Serbian Cyrillic: Ђавоља Варош, meaning "Devil's Town") is a geographical region of south Serbia, by the Radan mountains near Kuršumlija. The region features exotic formations described as earth pyramids. Scientists say that they have been formed by erosion.
Since 1959, Djavolja Varos has been under protection of the state and by a 1995 decision of the Serbian Government, it was proclaimed a natural good of outstanding importance and put under the first-category level of protection.
A natural spring is located beneath the pyramids and has a high mineral concentration.[1] There are two springs: “Djavolja voda” (“Devil’s Water”), with extremely high acid water (pH 1.5) and high mineral concentration (15 g/l of water), and “Crveno vrelo” (“Red Well”).
Djavolja varos is a nominee in the New Seven Wonders of Nature election.[2], and it is 15th from 77 candidates, but first wonder in Europe, and first in Rocky Formation.
Legend
The region was formed several million years ago by strong volcanic activity. There are several legends surrounding this phenomenon; the most common one is that the poles represent God's punishment and that the formations are wedding guests that have turned into stone.
post #20 of 615 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 21:15
Supporter

what is comforting is that even such a desolate landscape has streetlamps...

and even sells beer!