mrsilicone on ebay - Page 5 - MG-Rover.org Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #81 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 08:47

Car: MG6, Stepway, XF
To be fair to you midge I had a similar situation. I bought brake discs advertised for a 180 and they were for the 120 (smaller diameter).

I was p****d as I had paid a garage to fit them and they still charged me 30 mins labour 25. The ebay seller offered me a refund including P&P for the discs if sent them back.

I was out 25 but that was my fault. If I had checked the side of the box before supplying the discs to the garage I would of seen the code and could of confirmed myself if it was the correct parts.

Likewise, you took responsibility to provide the correct parts to the garage and either didnt or couldnt confirm that the parts supplied were fit for purpose. Yet having supplied the parts the onus is legally and morally on you. If the mr silicone suppled the parts directly to the garage then they have the responsibility to provide the correct part and it would be the garages responsibility to check the parts are correct before fitting.

In becoming the middle man, it becomes soley your responsibility to ensure that the parts you supply to the garage are correct. mrsilicone has no connection and no involment with the garage. Yes the mistake of supplying the wrong part was mrsilicones fault and he has rectified this by offering you a Full refund including your postage. He is clear.

The mistake of supplying the wrong part to the garage is your mistake and the garage have charged you labour as they should.

Its a simple process and you have only been stung be your own negligance in ensuring that the parts supplied were correct.

Furthermore with Mrsilicone acting beyond the normal refund process by also giving you postage its probably not the best idea to slander him and his business on a public forum. This - being that its legally unjustified - could see you get in trouble.

Im glad by the last line of your previous post you seem to have accepted that YOU are in fact in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge1
It is no good anyone blaming others for this contries woe's,we're the one's to blame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 08:49

Car: Other Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by midge1 View Post
For the purpose of clarity.The fuel filter was ordered from mrsilicone on ebay.The seller had a specific ad for the specific MG I own.I expected the correct filter to be sent,it wasn't.Those who have read the whole thing here will understand that mistake caused me nuisance and added cost.Those,other than hermits will have witnessed the decline of Britain in all fields since the 60's.Those who say ,it is not my fault are the one's to blame.This is compounded by the mentality of, 'everybody else does it why shouldn't I'.Well I'm sick of it,paying for the mistakes of others at every level.Stiff upper lip and take it on the chin,not for me.When you all get your insurance, companies will now supply you with legal assistance,which will not affect your ncb if your successful.I can tell you I was one of the first to by-pass the insurance co and employ the service of a independant solicitor.All the bad press and recuperations I ignored,it wasn't plain sailing.Now you are bombarded with injury briefs et al.Are all you sue for 10ers so critical now?.As stated previously,this is not about sueing,this is an advisory, check sellers feedback. It is no good anyone blaming others for this contries woe's,we're the one's to blame.You want to settle for second best ? certainly looks like it,I don't.
You forgot to remind us to READ MRSILICONE'S FEEDBACK.
post #83 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 09:32 Thread Starter
Banned

Car: mgf vvc
Figo,what are you on.after my previous spiel I thought I'd summed up a treat.Evidently not.One expects to receive what one has ordered.period or,are you one of those whom expect and accept 2nd class service? Shape up.n.b thanks to the previous post for doing the necessary

post #84 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 10:23

Car: MG6, Stepway, XF
As I stated. You are correct that you should expect to the correct part. And when you didnt recieve it you would of been entitled to a refund or replacement.

Thats where Mrsilicones dealing with you end. He made a mistake and rectified it.

Business transactions dont always work out but from what you posted he did everything to rectifying - showing good business practice in the transaction between you and him.

The fact you never read his feedback and then tried to claim he should pay your labour charges becasue of YOUR negligence shows you up more than him.
post #85 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 11:32 Thread Starter
Banned

no refund made.no payment accepted.It appears that you have not understood anything I have written.Just for you Figo.You are not a solicitor and you are not a solicitor of a certain practice,therefore you are entering a domain you no nothing about.What is it that you don't understand,The physical evidence of decline in the UK is down to the people in it.If you want changes, we all have to try something new.Using conventional well trodden measures in a system in which it is designed to fit is never going to work if the system is flawed.Needless to say unconventional avenues have to be investigated.This country is in a state of under investment the infrastructure is in ruins.The cause too many people.In addition I reside in B'ham,the non whites being the majority which coincides with the highest unemployment figures.The B'ham chambers of commerce are wondering why no home or foreign investment is forthcoming.If i was an investor I would as priority require a trustworthy reliable workforce.I wouldn't like my business activities interupted by religous doings or inadvertently fund terrorism all because those who where illegal immigrants that sneaked in and remained.That can't be right.This is why I call complacency the British disease.As in mrsilicone he sells a lot[well done].However,because of this, complacency has set in,increasing sloppy work practices and messing people in a variety of ways.Read the feedback on ebay.
post #86 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 12:23
Administrator

Car: BMW 1 Series Sport
I presume you have sent the "Wrong" part back in order that the seller can make the refund. Again - eBay rules item needs to be returned before a refund can take place. Otherwise you will be waiting a long time ............................

Mike
post #87 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 12:35
Formerly MGTurbo#261

Car: ZTT190, ZS180, P38 V8 Range Rover, V8 Discovery 1, MG Maestro Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by midge1 View Post
no refund made.no payment accepted.It appears that you have not understood anything I have written.Just for you Figo.You are not a solicitor and you are not a solicitor of a certain practice,therefore you are entering a domain you no nothing about.What is it that you don't understand,The physical evidence of decline in the UK is down to the people in it.If you want changes, we all have to try something new.Using conventional well trodden measures in a system in which it is designed to fit is never going to work if the system is flawed.Needless to say unconventional avenues have to be investigated.This country is in a state of under investment the infrastructure is in ruins.The cause too many people.In addition I reside in B'ham,the non whites being the majority which coincides with the highest unemployment figures.The B'ham chambers of commerce are wondering why no home or foreign investment is forthcoming.If i was an investor I would as priority require a trustworthy reliable workforce.I wouldn't like my business activities interupted by religous doings or inadvertently fund terrorism all because those who where illegal immigrants that sneaked in and remained.That can't be right.This is why I call complacency the British disease.As in mrsilicone he sells a lot[well done].However,because of this, complacency has set in,increasing sloppy work practices and messing people in a variety of ways.Read the feedback on ebay.
We are all doomed ... The end of civilisation as we know it is nigh ... And all down to a fuel filter, would you adam & eve it ..

There are other Countries and alternative online auction sites ... Just an idea
post #88 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 14:38 Thread Starter
Banned

what would you know,country boy.Keep the faith and always read the feedback.
post #89 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 14:49
Administrator

Now now, no need to be rude. The message has well and truly been given that you should have read the feedback before ordering. So no need to keep repeating it.

Mike
post #90 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 15:01 Thread Starter
Banned

apologises for rudeness.Regarding repetativity,an absolute must as the news will confirm 'never happen again' but it does time and time again.As long as it's not in my back yard it ok.yeah right.Not to me, those who wrong me must pay.I should have read the feedback was my mistake,I won't do it again.Others must be advised that mrsilicone has a wretched feedback.Forget %'s it's irrelevent,balls ups are too high and attitude is bad
post #91 of 91 (permalink) Old 17-05-2013, 15:06
Administrator

Ok, Now we are going round in circles (not for the first time either) again. Time to bring an end to this.

Its been fun, but it has to end. Thread closed.

Mike
Closed Thread