How do I use my EKA CODE? - Page 3 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 187 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #41 of 126 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 20:18

Car: 200 1.6 K series
Thanks for the reply.

I'm getting a new battery tomorrow/tuesday so I'll hope the fob isn't buggered. Otherwise I found a company that can recondition the old fob or programme you a new one for a decent price. Better than hauling it to a garage anyway.

I took off the door card and checked it all out, couldn't find any issues, tried entering the EKA by moving the switch myself to ensure it was going back to center etc. Tried it about a billion times but I think it's just not registering.

So hopefully fob works, if not, recondition fob (cheap), if that doesn't sort it, new fob programmed - 70 total.

All fun and games, seeing as I have the door card off I might install the tweeters I bought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 126 (permalink) Old 16-11-2007, 16:00

Car: Rover 200 (-95)
Immobilised 214 SEi

Very interested to find this forum and would be most grateful if anyone could help with my problem.

The car, a 1994 Rover 214SEi became immobilised a couple of weeks ago in a car park. Despite the best efforts of the recovery chap, the car was towed home and sits in the garage flashing its red LED at me.

The door sensor has not worked for over a year so entry to the car has always been via the key fob. I thought the fob battery had gone so I replaced it, discharging as recommended and pressing the lock button repeatedly to resynchronise the alarm.

There are no codes in the documentation or manual that came with the car. Any idea where I could get that from? Not that I know what to do with it at the moment any way.

I am thinking about removing the drivers door card and checking the switch on the lock barrel for continuity and power supply. Any idea whether this would be 12v or 5v?

Many thanks in advance.
post #43 of 126 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 11:02

Car: MGF VVC 75th Anniversary LE
I'm not sure if this will be of help, but

MGR C&C Services Ltd
http://www.mgrccservices.com/eka.html

Should be able to supply your code?

post #44 of 126 (permalink) Old 16-07-2008, 07:32

Car: Classic Rover
Smile Faulty Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1234 View Post
hi just tried this on my rover 214,really worked, thanx mate nice 1
I just have to join in -it worked in Norway too! Fantastic!
post #45 of 126 (permalink) Old 22-02-2009, 20:06

Car: Rover 200 Cabby
Eka

Please note that EKA digits can go up to 15
post #46 of 126 (permalink) Old 14-03-2009, 20:34

Car: MG ZR
I am having a nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2K View Post
For entering accuracy, it's quite useul to nudge the key ever so slightly past the centre mark, to ensure that the lock has registered a zero point. Entering the EKA code on the other halfs bubble the first time blew the horn. Same code, with a little nudge past centre and it worked a treat.

The EKA also disarms the immobiliser UNTIL the next time the car is locked with the fob - the light never comes back until you use the fob. That's true for the bubbles.

I have recently lost my key and fob, but luckily I management to get the EKA code. The only problem is that it won't work correctly. It seems to disarm the sounder on the alarm but the car is still immobilised. Any thoughts?

Matt
post #47 of 126 (permalink) Old 15-03-2009, 18:28

Car: MG ZS+ TD135+
Quote:
Originally Posted by mradcliffe View Post
I have recently lost my key and fob, but luckily I management to get the EKA code. The only problem is that it won't work correctly. It seems to disarm the sounder on the alarm but the car is still immobilised. Any thoughts?

Matt
On my 2003 ZS I need to wait 5 minutes (?) from entering the EKA code until the car will start. I don't think 1997 220SDi had this delay. Check your handbook, yours might be the same.
post #48 of 126 (permalink) Old 16-03-2009, 09:50

No handbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDI_Tim View Post
On my 2003 ZS I need to wait 5 minutes (?) from entering the EKA code until the car will start. I don't think 1997 220SDi had this delay. Check your handbook, yours might be the same.

Unfortunately I do not have the original handbook.
I have a 54 ZR.
Every time I speak to someone or read some advice it always seems different.
I need an accurate procedure for a 54 ZR.
Is the fact that the alarm is dissarmed but the immobiliser isn't, relevant?
If the horn beeps is the procedure or code wrong and therefore if it doesn't is the procedure and code correct?

Matt

Last edited by mradcliffe; 17-03-2009 at 09:22.
post #49 of 126 (permalink) Old 16-03-2009, 10:16

The 54 plates use a newer alarm type to mine, so I can't guarantee my advice is accurate. Hopefully someone with a facelift model will be along to advise you soon.
post #50 of 126 (permalink) Old 16-03-2009, 17:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmillsnun View Post
Not quite correct.

You should initially turn the key to lock and hold for 5 seconds, to let the 5AS unit know you are entering an EKA.

Then to unlock for the first digit,

Then lock for the second digit,

Unlock for the third

Lock for the 4th.

Unlock the car.

IE: EKA is 1234

L (hold for 5 s) U, LL, UUU, LLLL, U

see attached scan from handbook.
Can anybody please work out why this is not working for me.

I have tried the above procedure probably 50 times and I cannot get it to work. Although it has disarmed my alarm.

I have a MG ZR on a 54 plate. I believe it has a Pectron alarm system (3 buttons).

Can someone please help.

Matt

Last edited by mradcliffe; 17-03-2009 at 09:21.
post #51 of 126 (permalink) Old 16-03-2009, 18:30

No help I know, but on my MK1 using the key in the lock switches the alarm off, it's just the immobiliser to contend with then. Yours might be the same in that using the key to open the door disarms the alarm, but you then need to enter the EKA or use a working, synchronised fob.
post #52 of 126 (permalink) Old 22-03-2009, 21:05
jnr

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape'
Send a message via MSN to jnr
Unhappy EKA code

does any 1 know the EKA code for 1998 rover 200 because i've just had about enough of my because every week something goes wrong with it i've only had it for about 4 weeks and i had to have the head gasket then a week later i had to have the brakes done then last then last monday i had to have a new water pump and yesterday i had to disconnect the battery to do a job on the car and now the immobiliser has come on and when i got the car it didn't come with a fob can any 1 help me pleaseeeeee i need my car

cheers
post #53 of 126 (permalink) Old 22-03-2009, 21:18

You'll need to get the EKA code specifically for your car, each one is different. An XPart dealer or ex MG Rover dealer would be your best bet. Getting the EKA code will cost about 20, and you might need to show them your log book as proof that you own the car.
post #54 of 126 (permalink) Old 22-03-2009, 21:27
jnr

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape'
Send a message via MSN to jnr
ok mate i will do that

Last edited by jnr; 22-03-2009 at 21:28. Reason: miss spelling
post #55 of 126 (permalink) Old 20-04-2009, 13:23

how would i find the key code

hi there would be very greatfull if anyone could tell me whare i could find the key code for my mgzr iv got the key no. but not the code and would this be required to reset the imobaliser as iam pretty clueless with these type of problems

any advice would be greatfull thanks

Rob
post #56 of 126 (permalink) Old 20-04-2009, 19:52

Car: MG ZS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_33 View Post
hi there would be very greatfull if anyone could tell me whare i could find the key code for my mgzr iv got the key no. but not the code and would this be required to reset the imobaliser as iam pretty clueless with these type of problems

any advice would be greatfull thanks

Rob
Its on the paperwork that came with the car, in the service book where they write the chassis number and reg number in.
post #57 of 126 (permalink) Old 27-10-2009, 20:53

Car: Rover 25
How do i unlock my 2005 rover 25 when car battery is flat

Can anyone help me I have locked my rover 25 with the key fob but the battery has gone flat and the key only turns the door lock one way so I cant open the driver door is there any way I can get access to the vehicle with out having to smash the glass so I can get bonnet up andput booster pack on battery.
post #58 of 126 (permalink) Old 27-10-2009, 21:04

Open the boot and climb through, so you can pop the bonnet and charge the battery?
post #59 of 126 (permalink) Old 30-11-2009, 22:37

Car: Rover 200 (-95)
+ one worked for me too :-)

Hey This worked for me 1+ on 2nd and 4th Digit that is. Now to get new key locks sorted out !!!. And a key fob too :-(
post #60 of 126 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 21:54

Glad the 2nd and 4th digit trick worked for you, good to hear.

Do you know that if you buy a 3-TXB or 17TN fob second hand you can have it programmed to your car? I bought a couple off EBay for about a tenner each.

If you're a forum supporter there's even a very kind member in Brighton who will code the fobs for free to your car.