How do I use my EKA CODE? - Page 5 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 187 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #81 of 126 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 18:26
01379 669375

Car: Vauxhall ASTRA GTC VXR
Eka code instruction

Using the key, turn the drivers door lock (clockwise) to the LOCK position and hold it there for at least 5 seconds. Then return the key to the centre position. It is now possible to use the key to enter the numerical value of the four digits of the EKA Code as follows:

1. The first digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anti clockwise to the unlock position (the doors will unlock) then back to the central upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the first digit of the EKA code.

2. The second digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the second digit of the EKA code.

3. The third digit of the code- Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anti clockwise to the unlock position then back to the central, upright position., This should be done the amount of times as the third digit of the EKA code.

4. The fourth digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position., This should be done the amount of times as the fourth digit of the EKA code.

5. Once the EKA code has been entered correctly, turn the key once to the unlock position then fully return it to the central position. Then you can open the door.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 15:34

Car: MG TF
and the horn toots to indcate that an incorect code has been entered and the imobiliser remains active......
post #83 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-06-2012, 18:41
01379 669375

Exclamation MG ZR EKA CODE - www.mgrovercodes.com

1. The first digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anti clockwise to the unlock position (the doors will unlock) then back to the central upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the first digit of the EKA code.
2. The second digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position. This should be done the amount of times as the second digit of the EKA code.
3. The third digit of the code- Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, anti clockwise to the unlock position then back to the central, upright position., This should be done the amount of times as the third digit of the EKA code.
4. The fourth digit of the code - Turn the key fully, as far as it can go, clockwise to the lock position then back to the central, upright position., This should be done the amount of times as the fourth digit of the EKA code.
5. Once the EKA code has been entered correctly, turn the key once to the unlock position then fully return it to the central position. Please wait 5 minutes before you open the door.

post #84 of 126 (permalink) Old 14-06-2012, 18:25

I am not stupid! your code does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you going to do... a refund would be nice!
post #85 of 126 (permalink) Old 22-06-2012, 18:53

Car: Rover 400 (90-95)
Talking

Hey Syphon,

I had exactly the same problem as you. Got a code from IRC-UK and have tried to enter it for around a month but failed each time. I'm not stupid either. I've followed all the instructions to the letter but still no joy. So I got in touch with Jonjoe by email and asked him to check the number. You see, I'm a sceptic too. He came straight back and told me he had given me the right number. I tried again today and guess what?? I am no longer immobilised!! Maybe he works some ethereal magic or maybe I'm a bit of a dunce (though I don't think so). Either way, IRC-UK can be trusted for their integrity. Jonjoe even phoned me to see how I was getting on - and I don't know the guy from Adam. So, have a bit of patience, check everything again and don't always assume it's someone else's fault! Top marks MG-Rover-Codes.

For anyone having the same trouble, I left the key in the doorlock after the final sequence and left it for 7-8 minutes before opening the door. Suggest you stay near the car coz if it works, the key's in an unlocked car with no immobiliser!

Last edited by immobilised; 22-06-2012 at 19:00. Reason: Additional info
post #86 of 126 (permalink) Old 27-06-2012, 09:21

I am sorry I disagree:
  • No support was offered over the telephone
  • He never replied to my email
  • He has made no attempt to respond my complaint! Despite the fact that he has all of my contact details.
  • THE CODE STILL DOES NOT WORK
If he had attended to any of the above I may be inclined to agree with you but as he did not........
post #87 of 126 (permalink) Old 27-06-2012, 14:48
01379 669375

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphon View Post
I am sorry I disagree:
  • No support was offered over the telephone
  • He never replied to my email
  • He has made no attempt to respond my complaint! Despite the fact that he has all of my contact details.
  • THE CODE STILL DOES NOT WORK
If he had attended to any of the above I may be inclined to agree with you but as he did not........

Our telephone support is available everyday from
10am - 6pm.
We then have live support on the website untill 11pm.

We always reply to emails that require a response.

The original code we supplied from the MGR database is the
code listed for the VIN you supplied.

If you would like to send to us your 5as unit
we can read the eka code for you and promptly return it to you, we will even
pay for the return postage!

This may then resolve this issue you are having, however there may be other reasons the EKA code is not de activating your immobiliser.

Jonjoe.
post #88 of 126 (permalink) Old 21-07-2012, 14:00

Car: CityRover
rover 25 2 botton lucas key fob

[QUOTE=Gucci;910304]How can I use EKA CODE to enter ?

i had the usual key fob problem ie not able to start car..so after two days messing about ..as you do..i fit a new battery tryed all the methods on the internet and the in a moment of desperation i took a look at the fob itself ..........ta da..the little yellow button was stuck down ..very gently pull up on the yellow switches inside the fob ...both buttons should have a small audible clic when pressed down ..it worked for me it may work for you ..hope this helps ..i will need to replace my fob very soon but its got me mobile again and cost nowt ..happy trail peeps ..mick

Last edited by yammas; 21-07-2012 at 14:02. Reason: miss pelling
post #89 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 11:35

Car: Rover 200 (89-95)
Alarm Immobilser Issues

I have changed the starter motor on a 1994 214 SEI. Now the car is shut down. The alrm light on the dash is flashing but that is it. I have all the docs for the car but there is no listing for the EKA. This is a car with regular keys and central locking but not remote fob keys. Where do you get EKA codes from and also does anyone know which is the fuse for the alarm immobiliser. I would be very very grateful for some help on this issue as wife and I are very car dependant. Alas I am a car technophobe so. As for wiring diargrams etc, I have not a clue. I was informed that the EKA code is or can be found on the vehicle vin # trouble is there are 6 digits in the vin # and one of them is a 0!!. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
post #90 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 17:06
01379 669375

Smile Rover eka code -www.mgrovercodes.com

We supply EKA codes. If you do not have it on a security card. The EKA code is not part of the VIN it is retrieved using the VIN.

Last edited by MG-ROVER-CODES; 07-08-2012 at 17:14.
post #91 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 19:16

Car: Rover 400 (95-99)
re codes

could someone please tell me how you do a 0 is it classed as 10 thank you
post #92 of 126 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 21:47
01379 669375

Rover eka code -www.mgrovercodes.com

Hi wendy and kevin

Have you got the VIN number so we can double check that the code you have is correct, EKA codes that have a 0 are normally counted as 10.

Last edited by MG-ROVER-CODES; 11-08-2012 at 18:40.
post #93 of 126 (permalink) Old 18-08-2012, 08:40

Car: rover 220
disable immobiliser permanently

"you can overide the immobiliser even easier by cutting wire to pin 13 of the ECU"
Can anybody confirm this is correct for the rover 220 ('96-'97), or have pictures of how to do it?
post #94 of 126 (permalink) Old 19-08-2012, 19:13

Car: Mini (The real one)
Please note that the EAK can be changed using the Rover Testbook. MG-ROVER-CODES can only supply the original code.
post #95 of 126 (permalink) Old 31-08-2012, 19:46

Car: Rover 400 (95-99)
How to hard-wire the EKA code?

How to hard-wire the EKA code? I need to enter the EKA code but my lock is broken... due to the winter... so.. anyone has any idea how to hard-wire the EKA code?

Rover 400
1.6 petrol 1588cc y2000
post #96 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 10:18

Car: Rover 25
Rover 25 immobiliser problem - please help!

The car won't open with the fob and there are no lights from the immobiliser when I open with the key. The key will not start the car either. The only thing that has happened recently is that my drivers window has come out of place a little so when it closes it is outside of the seal and leaves a slight gap at the rear of the window. Could this be affecting the immobiliser? I have tried to enter the EKA but as it contains a zero I am not sure I am doing it correctly, as I don't know how to enter a zero!
I really don't know what to do and would really appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!
post #97 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 10:23
01379 669375

Rover 25 EKA code.

Hi the eka codes should not have a zero in them.If you PM the vin number and the code you have i will double check the code for you.
post #98 of 126 (permalink) Old 23-10-2012, 13:51

Car: Rover 200 (95-99)
Eka

if the wiring to the drivers side door lock is faulty will this stop the eka code from being entered ?
post #99 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012, 17:01

Evening all. Changing the 2nd and 4th digits to one up from what they are really does work mind you! Just done it with my EKA code and jobs a good'un!

Thanks all, much appreciated.
post #100 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 19:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2K View Post
For entering accuracy, it's quite useul to nudge the key ever so slightly past the centre mark, to ensure that the lock has registered a zero point. Entering the EKA code on the other halfs bubble the first time blew the horn. Same code, with a little nudge past centre and it worked a treat.

The EKA also disarms the immobiliser UNTIL the next time the car is locked with the fob - the light never comes back until you use the fob. That's true for the bubbles.
can someone tell me where i find the EKA code i have a rover 200 year 98???