How do I use my EKA CODE? - Page 7 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 187 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #121 of 126 (permalink) Old 20-10-2016, 21:43

Car: F. Fiesta 1.6 ECOnetic
I believe the 0 is counted as a 10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 (permalink) Old 21-10-2016, 09:15

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonB View Post
But what do you do when one of the numbers is a zero?
Emergency Key Access codes cannot contain a '0' for obvious reasons. It is worth trying it as 10, but I think it is more likely that what you have is not the EKA code (more likely the radio code or key reference code).
post #123 of 126 (permalink) Old 20-02-2017, 11:32

Car: MG ZR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQNLDR View Post
For those that helped thank you, It eneded up being a combinnation of actions so for those that have this problem here is my solution.

Barry Flat

a. recharge battery or replace and install

b. Lock door hold for 5 sec on lock

c. Input EKA code u/l/u/l

d. open door

e. insert key and turn to 3 alarm will sound, press lock on fob 4 times alarm goes off. Start engine take for drive

F. have very large whisky ; and pray stupid security system doesn't have any further hassles.
I have tried all options for getting the fob to work again with the car, including (of course) a new battery and yet I get to this point when the alarm is going off and I can't stop it.

At one point if I did the EKA code and then just clicked the ignition key straight through the start process, the engine actually started, but then straight away it shut down again, presumably the immobiliser kicking in?

Can anybody help further please?

post #124 of 126 (permalink) Old 20-02-2017, 13:00

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Engine firing up and then shutting down almost immediately is a definite symptome of the code the SCU shares with the engine ECU to disarm the immobiliser having been corrupted - seems to happen sometimes if the car has been left with a flat battery, or sometimes when it has been jump started. We seem to be having a crop of cars with the same issue at the moment - you are the third today!.

You may find some answers in this thread: http://forums.mg-rover.org/mg-zr-rover-25-200-streetwise-101/zr-1-8-immobiliser-help-837722/
post #125 of 126 (permalink) Old 27-03-2017, 05:44

Car: MG ZS
Send a message via AIM to Nick David
hi, i am struggling with inputting my code for my 54 plate zs 180. is their any indicator of a successful code? i know i get a short warning tone when an incorrect code is used, however i can see no difference in when i believe i have inputted the code correctly, or when i just simply unlock the car. Thanks

EDIT

Just tried.

1st i inputted 2u,2l,2u, 2l. Nothing happened until i turned the key to unlock, when i got the warning tone.
2nd i inputted xu, xl, xu, xl (where x represents my code). I read in the manual that the light should stay on for one second, but it didnt, it just continued to flash. No warning beep when unlocking. Locked 5 times and held for 5s between entries after opening/ closing doors. Waited 5 mins, no change, still immobilised.

Going to try again after 10 mins or so has passed and put correct code in 1st attempt, see if the light stays on then.

Last edited by Nick David; 27-03-2017 at 06:11.
post #126 of 126 (permalink) Old 27-03-2017, 05:55
Rover Lifestyle

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape' & Rover 600
No sound if correct code is entered, just indicator stop flashing. You can see here: EKA (Emergency key access) code