Rover 75 Dismantle Front - Fix Radiator Fan - without disturbing AC - Page 3 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 19-05-2011, 17:36

Car: Rover 75
Tank you for fan information!

I almost started to do wrong things in my project of fix the fan. But now i have the info i need, i had it on a car shop that was supose to find out what was wrong with my fan, they sad i needed to change it all for 500 £ i rate do it my self for 100 £ so thanx for saving me 400 £ i will bay you a pint one day, tanx Will -i live in Norway so it more expensive there, don`t think about the prices, probebly cheeper in all the rest of the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 19-07-2011, 20:44

Thanks for this walkthrough. Its just brilliant. Instead of let the garage do the job for a total amount of~1100 GBP, I ordered a fan from Jules and did it my self. Couldnt have done it without this walk through
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 27-08-2012, 17:41

Car: 2.5 Con.
Thanks

I have just changed the fan using your guide, it was brilliant.
I have replaced my 3 speed fan with the 2 speed from Jules, it works brilliantly I think, the original has never worked since I have had the car so I cannot compare. I do now find myself with a couple of error codes-

P1473 Fan Secondary High With Fan(s) Off
P1477 Additional Fan Relay Circuit Malfunction

Could these be to do with only using 2 speed fan?

The car runs fine and aircon appears to be working well, 22C outside and I had 4C through the vents, also checking under bonnet the large AC pipe is freezing cold and the smaller is warm.

I am not too concerned but any advice would be welcome. Thanks Bob

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 23-08-2014, 17:50

I have a 3-speed fan that isn't working at all. I want to investigate if the motor is causing the issue.

Thanks for posting the guide. I removed the bumper and the cross member, but got stuck on two torx screws holding the pipe and the cooling water expansion reservoir. I couldn't loosen them, and now the heads of both screws are snapped. On one of the screws, I tried sawing a groove so I could loosen it using a flat bed screwdriver, but this didn't work, the metal of the screwhead is just bending but no movement of the screw itself...

What are my options now to remove these torx screws? Can I try with a small screw extractor, or should I just try to drill them out right away (with higher risk to damage the inner threads) ?

Last edited by yannickv; 24-08-2014 at 06:46.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 19-10-2014, 18:39

In the end I got it loose in the same way as mikefarnham describes in this thread: I scraped away the plastic around the screw until it was loose. After removing the plastic part, I could loosen the damaged torx screws using a Vise grip, and replaced them with hex bolts.

I will make my way to the radiator fan next weekend I hope.
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 29-09-2016, 15:54

Post fan

Hi all can someone help me as i have the v6 2.5 model and i was trying to get the fan off and when i undone the air conditioning pipe it hit me in the face the spray that is can someone advise me on this and can it be depressured to stop it coming out under pressure HELP !!! I only done it cos my fan is not working