MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Hi All!

614 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  R25Mike 
#1 ·
Thank you for accepting my registration. I was searching locally without anything particular in mind for a cheap car to get me to my 12 month placement job whilst studying engineering. I came across this 25 for sale, with 11+ months MOT and after checking the previous MOTs online it appeared to have nothing too untoward lurking in its history.

It has only 56k miles, a fresh head gasket and what I am pretty sure is the 103 PS engine (is IS spec).

The first picture shows how I collected it (including the dent which they didn't charge extra for!), and the second after a wash!

One of the first things I did was to get it serviced (very handy with a ramp available I might add). Changing the oil, thermostat (tough), cam-belt (and the other drive belts) & water pump, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs & front brakes.

Thanks again,
Mike

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome aboard. The 25 makes for an excellent 'cheap runabout' and you'll done well swapping the fluids/filters/belts.

Your iS is most likely the 103ps output. The way to check is look at the throttle body; if the cable lobe si a quarter-circle it's the 103, if it's shaped like an ear lobe it's the 83ps. If you have the lower output, swapping the throttle body is cheap and easy. Just remember to change the throttle cable too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.