MG ZR / TF parts fitment in LR Freelander 1 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 15:31 Thread Starter

Car: MG ZR
MG ZR / TF parts fitment in LR Freelander 1

Just wondering if anyone knows if ZR front seats can be fitted to a first generation LandRover Freelander. They look very like ZR / 25 type seats with a different fitment base. Just wondering if they could be interchangeable.

Also does an MG TF steering wheel fit LandRover Freelander - again, it looks very like a similar wheel to those fitted in Rovers / MGs.

I'm thinking of buying a late model Freelander 1 as an everyday motor, but would like to "do it up" a bit.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 15:53

Car: R45 TD
seat frames are welded construction - but if you're handy with a welder, you can make ZR seats fit (along with any other type of seat tbh) but they're not a bolt-in option.

As for the steering wheel... I've got a feeling the spline will be the same, but not tried it, so can't confirm I'm afraid.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 16:02 Thread Starter

Car: MG ZR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly-Dan View Post
seat frames are welded construction - but if you're handy with a welder, you can make ZR seats fit (along with any other type of seat tbh) but they're not a bolt-in option.

As for the steering wheel... I've got a feeling the spline will be the same, but not tried it, so can't confirm I'm afraid.
I'll maybe unbolt a seat out of my dad's Freelander 1 and compare against a ZR seat I have going spare to compare to see how much of a difficulty it'll be. I have access to a good welder so maybe will work out ok.

Thanks.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 18:56

Car: MGF
anything come from this? i have a mgf and getting a FL1 so looking to do similar.