2017 MG3 changes - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 20:31 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Garages
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
2017 MG3 changes

Having just visited the MG website it seems a few minor changes have been made to the MG3:

• Whiter Than White replaces White On The Tiles
  • Ruby Red metallic replaces Red Rose solid
  • Lady Grey, Orange Marmalade and Stuck on Blue dropped (ony 5 colours now available)
  • 3Style+ replaces 3Style. No apparent change in spec but a hefty price increase (now 11,695!).
  • Price increases across the range.

Seems MG are slimming their offer down again rather than expanding it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:29

Car: 2013 MG 3 VTI Tech Style
I suppose the price increase is due to the stop start system and possibly Brexit type excuses/reasons.

Also I note for the 2017 car the 3form now comes with Steel wheels with trims which i thought were only on the base 3time before. Again less equipment and a price increase.

The same kind of thing with the GS and I believe the entry model doesn't come with remote central locking, a ridiculous decision in this day and age for the actual cost of such systems, what cars don't come with at least one remote key these days.in fact most I imagine now come with 2 remote keys whereas again the 3 at least only comes with one remote key.

As for keys that is also a sore subject generally, the 6 key was pretty shocking after actually feeling one and trying it, the 3 key is OK and feels fairly decent, not sure about the GS key but the new small suv key with it's corduroy type texture just looks odd to me. Why not just design one decent remote key and use it on all the range as that keeps costs down and the quality could be upped considerably.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:43

Car: 2013 MG 3 VTI Tech Style
I also note the only colours you can get with a different colour roof are red and yellow, I guess the roof must painted rather than wrapped, if wrapped it could be offered on all colours.

I also note 280 for graphics and that does not include fitting, ouch for a bit of Vinyl, I know it's not dead cheap stuff to buy but 280 seems very steep to me.

A good vinyl shop could probably do the exact same for a fair bit less.

In fact now you have got me started, not only has the price increased and little extra on the cars, we don't have a facelift yet or the rumoured better engines, so will they also push the price up further when that arrives?

There is undoubtedly a problem somehere either in the management at MG Motor UK or SAIC bosses stopping the UK team bettering things, which it is I have no idea but suspect maybe a bit of both.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 18:18

Car: Seat Ibiza
The 3Form had always comes with steel wheels as the 3Form Sport is the one with the Carousel alloy wheels in order to justify the price difference.

I wonder if the Style+ may have a built in Sat-nav device similar to the Chinese MG3:

http://www.saicmg.com/mg3/

I have noticed that leather is no longer an option on the car.

Edit:

According to here it doesn't mention anything about the built-in sat-nav unit:

http://mg.co.uk/mg3/specifications/

Cheers..

Last edited by mattykan; 03-04-2017 at 18:28.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 18:25

MG D'oh!

Stupidly their comparison website of the MG3 versus other brands include the MG 3Style which is priced 10499 and doesn't even exist as a new car:

Comparison - MG3 - Models - MG Motor UK Ltd

Cheers..
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 20:35 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Garages
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
Quote:
Originally Posted by simcor View Post
I suppose the price increase is due to the stop start system and possibly Brexit type excuses/reasons.
The stop/start feature was introduced last year so pre-dates this price increase (it came with its own increase at the time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcor View Post
I also note the only colours you can get with a different colour roof are red and yellow, I guess the roof must painted rather than wrapped, if wrapped it could be offered on all colours.
A friend of mine has just taken delivery of a new yellow MG3 with the black roof. You're correct that it's painted not wrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykan View Post
I have noticed that leather is no longer an option on the car.
Leather is still available as a 500 option on the configurator but the Style Lux is no longer showing as a separate model.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 21:01

Car: MG3 Style Lux
Not True. leather seat option has gone. At least I cant find the option when setting up options. Glad I bought my Ruby red and black Lux model just in time. The leather interior smells and looks good. The MG3 is a car to be proud of.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 21:57

Mmmm...leather..

The leather option looked nice as it kind of gave the car a touch of class.

I am not sure how practical it would be as if I had it I'd be worried about damaging it or the garages that I have used for serving the car damaging it.

(I can recount many bad experiences of them damaging my car whilst having work done, most recently last Saturday when a local Kwik-Fit tyre fitter created a giant scratch in the shape of an arc on the rear passenger offside door with the extendible wrench when he went to loosen the wheel nuts).

Cheers..
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 20:59

Car: MG3 Style Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtycroes View Post
Not True. leather seat option has gone. At least I cant find the option when setting up options. Glad I bought my Ruby red and black Lux model just in time. The leather interior smells and looks good. The MG3 is a car to be proud of.

The option for MG3 Style+ now shows leather seat interior is standard with this model. My quote was based on options showing at the time.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 22:36

You're correct in that MG have now updated the website with leather being a standard on the Style +

This probably means that the old Style ceases to exist but has changed in fact to the Style Lux in all but name.

It did seem strange if MG were to get rid of the leather option because I had read on the forums that it was a very popular option.

They do need to update their specification website for the Style + as it is still showing this:

Sports seats with 'ZERO' design fabric interior trim with red stitch detail

http://mg.co.uk/mg3/specifications/

Cheers..