Different mileage service interval for the EU6 engine - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 25-05-2016, 12:17

Car: MG6, Stepway, XF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven211 View Post
Thanks, thats a silly mistake. I will flag it up with MG
Silly Mistake that is still up there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 18-05-2017, 17:37

Car: MG3+
Send a message via AIM to David Chalmers Send a message via MSN to David Chalmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
Me too. I go further. I change the oil on most of my cars around 6-7,000 mile intervals which is about half the mileage MG-Rover recommend. Been doing that for over thirty years now. It most certainly is beneficial to engine reliability and longevity. There's a reason why my cars run so well and are reliable. It's not simply luck of the draw.

Mind you, there are those who drive so called superior engineered cars, which are so very reliable, they change the oil every 100,000 miles.... whether it needs it or not ...

Looking over a car for sale as requested by a work colleague, when I asked about an oil change, the vendor told me it's a Honda... they do not need servicing. The car looked superb. Did I recommend my colleague buy the car ... no way! Lifting the bonnet of that car and a few simple checks revealed the disappointing reasons.
A service is not for the mileage you have done it's for the mileage you are about to do.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 20-05-2017, 10:58
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbob View Post
I know that and you know that but MG haven't figured it out yet.

Go to the link below and expand the MG6 Diesel page

Service - Owners - MG Motor UK Ltd
Good to see their servicing schedule is so well thought through and quality assured

gnu

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 20-05-2017, 12:19

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chalmers View Post
A service is not for the mileage you have done it's for the mileage you are about to do.
Not entirely, no. If a car has been left unserviced and without an oil change for way longer than the specified service interval, the deteriorated old oil probably hasn't been lubricating as it should, oilways may well become blocked with sludge if it has been a very long time (we've been shown pics of a K series that had never had a service which had sludge filling the return oilways at the gearbox end right up into the head!) and the damage from that will be with you for the rest of the engines life, regardless of the future servicing regime.

I too would steer clear of any car that has had an owner with an attitude of "it doesn't need servicing". There is no telling what else may have been neglected and will require extra (significant) expense to rectify in the future.