Mg3 style 15 plate - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 23-04-2015, 21:55 Thread Starter

Car: MG3 Style
Exclamation Mg3 style 15 plate

had my car 4 weeks now Been back to the MG Garage twice so far and going back again this saturday.. Radio is total crap with fault after fault... soon as you go past 1st key turn you loose signal on the radio on RDS and DAB, turn key off you get all the stations come back and clear. Other Fault is a constant whine sounds like a bearing problem or thrust bearing gear box problem, no idea where its coming from, the garage can hear it too but still no fix
only hear it from 50 mph to 70 mph anyone else having these problems.
all i get from the dealer "WH BRAND" is its the characteristics of the car..

yeah right..

i had a kia rio before with 160k on it wish i kept it now more reliable and quicker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 07:02

Car: scimitar ss1,1800 ti, Bond Bug,MG GS Exclusive, Nissan XTrail Tekna T32
No none of the problems, the radio problem should be an easy fix, just fit a new radio so not sure why it has needed to go back 3 times for this ?

The whining noise, I would ask to drive another 3 and see if you can hear the noise the same noise, I do know a couple of owners who had faulty wheel bearings. How many miles have you done ?

Hope you get it sorted, btw my brother in law had a Kia Rio, in the first month he owned it the central locking went haywire and set fire to the door trim, luckily he was at home when it happened so we could put it out!

Last edited by littlechicken; 24-04-2015 at 07:07.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 07:38

Car: MG ZR120 + MG3 Form Sport + MG6 GT.
I dont blame you for wishing you had kept the KIA, its never a nice start to ownership when you have problems with a car.

All I can say is to be firm with the dealership until your problems are resolved - weve had ours for over a year, covered 15K miles and not had a single problem.

Stick with it - theyre great cars. See if you could get some goodwill compensation from MG.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 19:13

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Newly joined, two posts, both complaints with an underlying tone of unpleasantness.

I smell troll. Strongly.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 20:18

Car: MG ZR120 + MG3 Form Sport + MG6 GT.
I thought the same but I also think that if you had just spent all of your money on a new car that wasn't up to scratch then you'd probably want to vent a bit of frustration.

Further posts will show.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 21:10

Car: 2013 MG 3 VTI Tech Style
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Car View Post
Newly joined, two posts, both complaints with an underlying tone of unpleasantness.

I smell troll. Strongly.
Not entirely unusual for someone having car problems and feeling frustrated to join a car forum and post negatively of their experience, that's how many people often find car forums to be fair.

You may be jumping the gun a bit buddy, you could of course be right but I think benefit of the doubt should be given first off.

To be fair your first response was a little harsh and certainly would not be welcoming to a new member who may very well be a genuine person.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 21:34

Quote:

I smell troll. Strongly.
I think that's a bit harsh, I have put my money where my mouth is and purchased 3 new MGs but I would have posted if I had not been happy.

WHBrand, have listed that they took a Kia Rio in p/ex and have posted a picture of the previous owner posing with his new 3.

Hope he gets his car sorted and he can start to enjoy it.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 22:36

Quote:
if you had just spent all of your money on a new car that wasn't up to scratch
The question is indeed 'if'

I don't think it's harsh - however irate anyone feels about problems, there is no reason or excuse for coming on a forum for the first time and displaying such a bad attitude, and without any trace of the normal niceties of an introduction - it's bad manners at best.

There are countless examples of people with far more serious problems who nonetheless have have come here with a friendly and pleasant attitude to the forum.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 23:07

Car: MG ZS Mk II
Thankfully, the only time I see Man in the Car's posts these days is when they're quoted by someone else. Love the way a poster who often displays an underlying tone of unpleasantness can complain about another poster's underlying tone of unpleasantness seemingly without any hint of irony.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 24-04-2015, 23:43

Car: Discovery Sport 2.0 HSE
Quote:
The question is indeed 'if'

I don't think it's harsh - however irate anyone feels about problems, there is no reason or excuse for coming on a forum for the first time and displaying such a bad attitude, and without any trace of the normal niceties of an introduction - it's bad manners at best.

There are countless examples of people with far more serious problems who nonetheless have have come here with a friendly and pleasant attitude to the forum.
I dont think it's harsh either. However he does seem to genuinely own a new MG unlike the usual haters over in the SAIC section spouting their daily 8o11ox... Marketing blah blah, new MG6 is cheap rubbish blah. BTCC MG6 isnt an MG6 blah blah .lol. What a pity they dont stay in the MG ZR, CityRover and Other sections where they can discus what went wrong with their cars this week!!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 25-04-2015, 17:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Murray View Post
Love the way a poster who often displays an underlying tone of unpleasantness can complain about another poster's underlying tone of unpleasantness seemingly without any hint of irony.
That's a bit rich coming from you - someone who only ever seems to post when you have the opportunity to be insulting and unpleasant to/about someone else.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 26-04-2015, 12:52

Car: TF135, MG3, MG6 GT TSE
Stop bickering, for heaven's sake! Welcome to Mike Gilbert from me. If I'd just bought a new car which had irritating problems, I'd like to sound off about them, too.

Mike, our Style is about 16 months old, with only 7000 miles on the clock so far. The only problem we've had is slightly rusting brake drums. They are now painted black, which looks better than new, anyway. My other half says she'll "never" sell the car, just as I say I'll never, ever sell my TF.

Let's hope your early problems are quickly sorted, and that you become delighted with the MG3. In most respects, it's a fine car.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 29-04-2015, 20:22

Car: MG TF
Mike

Sorry to hear about your problems I hope you get them sorted to your satisfaction.

The other half also picked her MG3 up 4 weeks ago, its a 3Style with a few extras. I think the stripes are a bit of a mid life crisis but who am I to comment. Shes done nearly 800 miles and loves it.

Can you guess what her name is?

Car pic3.JPG
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 30-04-2015, 06:59
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbob View Post
Mike

Sorry to hear about your problems I hope you get them sorted to your satisfaction.

The other half also picked her MG3 up 4 weeks ago, its a 3Style with a few extras. I think the stripes are a bit of a mid life crisis but who am I to comment. Shes done nearly 800 miles and loves it.

Can you guess what her name is?

Attachment 88321
Ann? And the car 'Badger'?

gnu
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2015, 07:27

Mike has posted a different review to this on Facebook - says he loves it ....
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:17
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechicken View Post
Mike has posted a different review to this on Facebook - says he loves it ....
A man's entitled to change his mind ...

gnu
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
A man's entitled to change his mind ...
Had none of the issues either....
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 22-04-2017, 13:56

Car: 2013 MG 3 VTI Tech Style
Whether the OP is genuine or not I have had nothing but trouble with the stereo system in my 3 year old 3.

Disappointed to say the stock stereo/DAB/USB seems to be shocking in the 3.

Having had DAB working after replacing the Black box for the DAB, it now doesn't work at all, no DAB menus at all on the radio.

I have checked the fuse that is supposed to power the DAB but it also is for the aircon which works and a couple of other things, sadly the manual fuse box diagram is about as useful as diarrhea.

So I have a USB socket that will only charge the phone, will not play music from phone or memory stick, no DAB again, bluetooth audio seems to only work when it feels like it comes up with No bluetooth audio.

And to top it off a strange shaped stereo that the only replacements you can get for it are from China and who knows what the quality of them is like.

The only other option is a faceplate to turn it into a standard single DIN shape to fit an aftermarket radio.

I know the car is a little over 3 years old and out of warranty but you expect the stereo system and extras to work for more than 3 years.

Things like this do take the sheen off the ownership experience.