1Likes
  • 1 Post By MoonManMike

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 19:30 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: MG TF 135 Sprint, MG3 Style LUX, MG ZS 120
Garages
Picked her up yesterday

Here's my new Style LUX, picked up from Brown & Gammons yesterday (registered 30 March to beat the increases)

My son and daughter love it, so that potential obstacle is out of the way! I love the look of the 3 and although it probably isn't everyone's 'cup of tea', I love the trophy graphics. She's kitted out with the piano black surround and silver vent surrounds

I've also treated her to a proper spare wheel (I dislike inflation kits), a decent set of floor mats, cubby hole mats, a boot liner, entry 'kick plates' and little storage pocket either side of the boot

I do have one or two questions, but I'll do another thread so hopefully someone will see the question and know the answer!
gnu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 20:00
Supporter

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Garages
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
Looks great. The MG3 really works in white.

The original white on the MG3 was 'White On The Tiles' but is now called 'Whiter Than White'. Do you know if yours is the newer colour?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 20:10 Thread Starter
Supporter

Garages
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Looks great. The MG3 really works in white.

The original white on the MG3 was 'White On The Tiles' but is now called 'Whiter Than White'. Do you know if yours is the newer colour?
Well, the invoice says 'White on Tiles', the registration confirmation says 'Arctic white' and the V5 says 'white'

So, erm, I'm not really sure!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 02:11

Car: 2013 MG 3 VTI Tech Style
I do like it in white and the trophy graphics I don't mind, mine would have been black with white trophy graphics, but that one didn't have cruise control and reverse sensors so I had the red one instead with no graphics. The dealer I bought mine from had 2 but the Black one has since been sold too.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 04:26
Rover Lifestyle

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape' & Rover 600
Looks so lovely. Excellent car you have!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 21:24

Car: MG3 Style Lux
Just in time to get the leather seat option. I grabbed a Ruby red and black Lux in December. The leather interior smells and oozes a touch of class. The MG3 is a car to be proud of.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:37
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonManMike View Post
Well, the invoice says 'White on Tiles', the registration confirmation says 'Arctic white' and the V5 says 'white'

So, erm, I'm not really sure!
Deffo white then. They all agree with that! btw - nice

gnu
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 12:06

Car: MG TF
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtycroes View Post
The leather interior smells and oozes a touch of class. The MG3 is a car to be proud of.
The wife also went for the leather and she loves it. She's just had her second service (the car that is) with about 11K on the clock, she still loves it. Like MoonManKikes's it's white with black stripes, we were at Brooklands this weekend, one of 2 or 3 MG3's and it got more attention than a lot of the classic cars.

She has her car serviced by Perkins of Rayne near Braintree who I can't fault except (just kidding) that they'll drop you off and pick you up from Freeport Braintree while they do the service, this give her a good chance to empty our bank account. They also do a nice video, although I hope the real inspection takes a bit longer. Watch the video and see if you can guess her name.

https://video.citnow.com/vtxDg8whKn2
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 14:26

Car: 2013 MG 3 VTI Tech Style
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbob View Post
The wife also went for the leather and she loves it. She's just had her second service (the car that is) with about 11K on the clock, she still loves it. Like MoonManKikes's it's white with black stripes, we were at Brooklands this weekend, one of 2 or 3 MG3's and it got more attention than a lot of the classic cars.

She has her car serviced by Perkins of Rayne near Braintree who I can't fault except (just kidding) that they'll drop you off and pick you up from Freeport Braintree while they do the service, this give her a good chance to empty our bank account. They also do a nice video, although I hope the real inspection takes a bit longer. Watch the video and see if you can guess her name.

Err Barbara lol not really sure it is obvious enough.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 18:53 Thread Starter
Supporter

Garages
Quote:
Originally Posted by simcor View Post
..........................mine would have been black with white trophy graphics...................
I played with that combi on the configurator. It looks awesome and really suits the 3. There are two reasons I didn't go for it, firstly because black is a pig to keep clean (and I have to travel some mucky routes in winter) and secondly because there is a lady who works not 100 yards from me who has a black one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverlike View Post
Looks so lovely. Excellent car you have!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtycroes View Post
Just in time to get the leather seat option. I grabbed a Ruby red and black Lux in December. The leather interior smells and oozes a touch of class. The MG3 is a car to be proud of.
I'm really enjoying it being quite a rarity on the road. In fact, I've not seen another on the road in the first few days I've been an owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Deffo white then. They all agree with that! btw - nice
Indeed! I'm pretty certain that it is White on Tiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbob View Post

I didn't do Brooklands this year. I've previously taken the TF. I'm surprised there were so few 3's there. I'll probably take the 3 to MG Live this year for a change!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 19:21

I do quite like these, I just wish they were available as a 3 door