Just Purchased an MG6 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 18:43 Thread Starter

Car: ZS MK2 FFR
Send a message via MSN to no1knows Send a message via Yahoo to no1knows
Just Purchased an MG6

Hey all, I can't believe I'm saying this but finally got rid of the ZS & bought a 6..... the prices of them versus what they offered were just too hard to refuse... I looked at Golfs & Volvos & I'm afraid my family with have to put up with me owning another MG... people at work think there's something wrong with me....

Anyway, as the deal was too good to refuse I have a few questions.

I knowingly bought this one with an ABS sensor/ traction control issue, lights comes on whenever some wheels turn faster than others ( ie sharp cornering, turning in the road etc ) I have googled it & I can't find too much on it other than replace the sensor. Is this the case I have a 12 month AA warranty up to 2k so the salesman said take it to a garage with the equipment & the AA will cover the expense it's just his garage didn't have the equipment to fix it.

Second question, I had a lovely DAB/BLUETOOTH with microphone etc stereo in my old MG so I Would like to remove the standard MG 6 one & install it.... does anyone know where I get the blanking plates , as MG 6 seems to be hard to google as it just brings up every MG under the sun....

One final thing, my insurance company ( swift ) refused to insure the MG6 , I had to cancel my insurance & go with ESURE.... I asked her why & she said she couldn't comment but the underwriters do not insure this vehicle. Does anyone know why ? As it's cost me a lot of aggro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 19:03
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
Keep us posted as I'm undecided what to do when my zs finally gives up. Pics would be good.

Can't help with your questions though.

Regarding insurance, I think some of the low overhead type insurance companies only cover the mainstream cars. I couldn't get a quote from some for an mg 3 from some when I was thinking of getting one.

gnu
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 16:29

Car: 2013 MG 3 VTI Tech Style
Swift would not cover my 3 either their underwriters just don't cover them I was told.

Due to vehicle repair costs, spares availability, new to the market etc etc I guess.

Insurance companies seem to be more pickier than they used to be for the demographic and cars they cover and age, postcode etc etc these days.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 17:59 Thread Starter

Car: ZS MK2 FFR
Send a message via MSN to no1knows Send a message via Yahoo to no1knows
Pictures :P , they all look the same don't they, it's a silver saloon, with them whirly alloys that look like they're off an alpha, mint condition.

Well I gave it a good run of the motorway today, blackpool & back ( 90 mins each way ) Achieved 41mpg which is higher than I ever got in the ZS.... & I LOVE the turbo, you don't need to change gears on the motorway ever, I can't believe it's the same engine, so quiet. I was feeling fairly guilty about buying the car the other day but now I'm just wondering why I didn't take the plunge earlier.

The ZS I was dropping to third & is probably the reason I'm half deaf haha. As for the build quality I hear everyone complaining about , why ?! I ask.... No rattles, the doors can be opened without pulling the handles off & the windows don't fall out of alignment... haha already one of the neighbours wants one....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 09:38

Car: MG ZR 1.4 & Rover 200 1.1
I've also recently taken the plunge. Picking it up this weekend.

I'm interested to hear about your audio unit upgrade. Please keep us posted
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 13:03

Car: zed gone but enjoying dirty diesels.
Insurance companies are a pain in the ass, years ago when I bought my zs 180, admiral insisted I had an immobiliser fitted. I sorted out a quote to get one fitted but when I rang admiral to check it was suitable they said it wasn't on their approved list, I then asked for a copy of the approved list so I could find the exact ones needed to be told they don't give that information out, I would have to ring them back with a list that i had compiled and they would say yes or no!!!

And to the point, I changed insurers to someone who didn't need an immobiliser fitted and went with them, Swift cover
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 15-03-2017, 21:14
gots me a pair o' MGs

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Garages
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
The 6 is a decent upgrade from a ZS. Hopefully the car will continue to impress. I'll keep an eye out for you .

One for summer: 2004 MG TF 135 in Firefrost
One for winter: 2002 MG ZS 120+in Solar Red