MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG6 Wind Noise.

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  red icon 
#1 ·
Just bought a demonstrator and found it to be noisy over about 45mph. sounds like wind noise. I think the noise is been caused by the wing mirrors, has anybody else got the same problem?

#3 ·
Hi, Yes I get that problem. Sometimes I think it is from the drivers side wing mirror but other times it seems to be coming through the airvent. I recall hearing that this problem could be due to the door seal in the area of the wing mirror but I can find no fault with mine.

It is annoying and I would welcome any views as to how to solve this.

Phil

#6 ·
Suggestion - if you want to check if the noise comes from the mirrors, try cruising at (say) 50 mph and fold the mirrors to see if the noise changes.

I suspect the problem doesn't reside in the mirrors, though, as only a proportion of owners complain of it. However, door seals can vary from car to car.

For what it's worth our 6TSE and the only other one I've driven are pretty quiet at speed, and give very relaxed motorway cruising. In fact, when I first drove an MG6, that was one of the strongest impressions, and, I was comparing the car with our then S-Type Jaguar, itself a refined performer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.