Went to buy an MG6 today... - Page 4 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016, 13:13 Thread Starter

Car: SAIC MG6 & Phoenix MG TF
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Out of interest, what are parts costs like on the MG6? I've heard they are quite expensive compared to the original mg cars. For my zs, say from ECP (different brands available so not trying to start an "I got one cheaper for the zs" discussion here), I can get around the following prices, how does the 6 compare?

Oil filter 5
Air filter 7
Fuel filter 10
Brake pads 15-20
Brake disks 15-25
Sparks (each) 5<
Exhaust back box 65...
MG6 TCi Tech 1.8 petrol uses a standard K Series Oil Filter, can't speak for air filter but am sure the standard fuel filter will work. Brake pads and disks on front are MG ZT/Rover 75 (not 190) rear are MG ZT/BMW Z4 pads with MGZT 190 disks and handbrake shoes. My car runs none standard spark plugs as it is LPG but I would bet for petrol it uses the same plugs as a K series as it also uses K series coil packs and spark plug leads. Don't know about the back box but as your price is for a pattern part I am sure one can be had that will fit for a similar price.

It is an inexpensive car to run and maintain, although headlight bulbs are hard to fit and number plate bulbs on the Magnette are a pain to access.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 15-12-2016, 11:11

Car: MG 6 GT
Not to upset anyone but I am a little confused, how come one minute you are going to buy an MG 6 then you want to buy a GS. I think you just want to pick holes in them, are you some sort of wheel kicker?

The GS and 6,s are completely different, I would rather have my 6 than a GS that's my preference, I think the GS is a good motor but not for me.
MG,s are what they are, a true MG fan is a true MG fan.
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 16-12-2016, 11:20 Thread Starter

Car: SAIC MG6 & Phoenix MG TF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim MG View Post
Not to upset anyone but I am a little confused, how come one minute you are going to buy an MG 6 then you want to buy a GS. I think you just want to pick holes in them, are you some sort of wheel kicker?

The GS and 6,s are completely different, I would rather have my 6 than a GS that's my preference, I think the GS is a good motor but not for me.
MG,s are what they are, a true MG fan is a true MG fan.
Check the date of the posts, read the posts. It will all become clear....