MG GS ordered - MG-Rover.org Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 13:06 Thread Starter

Car: scimitar ss1,1800 ti, Bond Bug,MG GS Exclusive, Nissan XTrail Tekna T32
MG GS ordered

On Saturday we placed an order for an MG GS Exclusive in sunset orange.

It will replace my MG6 as we still have our Nissan X-trail.

I should be picking it up in around 4 weeks, pictures to follow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 13:13

Car: MG GS Exclusive DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechicken View Post
I should be picking it up in around 4 weeks, pictures to follow
Is this what the dealer quoted?

I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago and not heard anything. They quoted the official line 2-6 weeks.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 13:19
gots me a pair o' MGs

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Garages
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
Quote:
On Saturday we placed an order for an MG GS Exclusive in sunset orange.
Good to hear that you have been sufficiently impressed with you MG6 as to directly replace it with a GS. Hopefully the new car will meet expectations.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 13:32 Thread Starter

I placed my order on Saturday and was told it would arrive after my holiday and that's the end of July, in all honesty, I am tempted to wait until the 1st September
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 13:33 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Good to hear that you have been sufficiently impressed with you MG6 as to directly replace it with a GS. Hopefully the new car will meet expectations.

Thanks, if its as good as the 6 I should be happy
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 11:06

Car: MG3 Style Lux
I've actually read of several people test driving the GS not expecting to get one (there are mega deals out there on Nissans etc.) but who were converted to the way it drives.

The growing dealer network and high-profile advertising will help people try them out.

It could be like Green Eggs and Ham:

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 17:02

Car: Rover 400 Tourer
Did you choose DCT or manual transmission?
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 13:41

Car: MG TF
Got to admire your loyalty to the SAIC offerings, but having had a look we will stick with our CX-5, which at 3 years old still felt better than the new GS. Really disappointed the GS wasn't better.
James Riley and obadiah-jones like this.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 07:32 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM160 View Post
Got to admire your loyalty to the SAIC offerings, but having had a look we will stick with our CX-5, which at 3 years old still felt better than the new GS. Really disappointed the GS wasn't better.
Owned 2 TF85ths , an MG3, and the 6 all have been great cars.

My son also has an MG3.

I didn't buy the GS just because it has an MG badge, I was close to getting another Nissan, but the handling of the GS made my mind up.

I did look at the CX5, but felt the interior was very cheaply made for a car costing £23k, and on the road it drove no better than the last generation Kia Sportage and certainly not as good as the GS.

If you are seriously thinking of getting a new SUV, and don't like the GS, look at the Nissan XTrail, it is far superior to to the CX5 in every respect.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 07:33 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtininkas1 View Post
Did you choose DCT or manual transmission?
I ordered a manual
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 17:14

Quote:
Owned 2 TF85ths , an MG3, and the 6 all have been great cars.

My son also has an MG3.

I didn't buy the GS just because it has an MG badge, I was close to getting another Nissan, but the handling of the GS made my mind up.

I did look at the CX5, but felt the interior was very cheaply made for a car costing £23k, and on the road it drove no better than the last generation Kia Sportage and certainly not as good as the GS.

If you are seriously thinking of getting a new SUV, and don't like the GS, look at the Nissan XTrail, it is far superior to to the CX5 in every respect.
I know your MG history- been around here for years, which is why I thought your purchase was at least partially driven that way.

Can't understand your comment about the CX5 though. We have the sport Nav which has leather, Bose speakers, lots of gadgets, electric everything, well screwed together- it's a lovely cabin of a little dull. It certainly was less than£23k

The Nissan isn't even in the same league, and the GS well it's OK, but I wouldn't want a long journey in it.

We were looking, but in truth the CX5 looks and feels like it's brand new after 3 years and is far better looking than the competition so we are holding off for a while
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 18:48 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM160 View Post
I know your MG history- been around here for years, which is why I thought your purchase was at least partially driven that way.

Can't understand your comment about the CX5 though. We have the sport Nav which has leather, Bose speakers, lots of gadgets, electric everything, well screwed together- it's a lovely cabin of a little dull. It certainly was less than£23k

The Nissan isn't even in the same league, and the GS well it's OK, but I wouldn't want a long journey in it.

We were looking, but in truth the CX5 looks and feels like it's brand new after 3 years and is far better looking than the competition so we are holding off for a while
I was close to getting a Qashqai to be honest we already traded our MG3 last year for the Nissan XTrail T32. The Nissan in the Tekna spec with full leather is a £32K car with white pearl paint, chrome pack and side steps.You are correct the CX5 isn't in the same league as the XTrail, the CX5 is in the class below more of a Qashqai competitor.

The XTrail has Full LED lights, panaromic roof, blind spot detection, 360 degree cameras, autonomous braking, park assist, 19 inch alloy wheels, electric opening and shutting tailgate, it really is a fantastic vehicle and worth considering when you change.

The dash plastic on the CX5 I thought was no better than the GS,in particular the rear door card that had badly scratched on the demo car, a major consideration with a 4 year old, although it was not the worst interior, that was the Toyota Rav 4 closely followed by the Hyundai Tucsan, the best interior has to be the Volvo range.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to do a long journey in the GS, if it is anything like the 6 (or the 3 for that matter) it will be superb, and that 168BHP unit is sweet.

My MG6 will be 5 years old in December and it is also like new, I am only selling it as I fancy a change.

Enjoy your CX5, and I will enjoy my GS
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-07-2016, 16:21

Quote:
I was close to getting a Qashqai to be honest we already traded our MG3 last year for the Nissan XTrail T32. The Nissan in the Tekna spec with full leather is a £32K car with white pearl paint, chrome pack and side steps.You are correct the CX5 isn't in the same league as the XTrail, the CX5 is in the class below more of a Qashqai competitor.

The XTrail has Full LED lights, panaromic roof, blind spot detection, 360 degree cameras, autonomous braking, park assist, 19 inch alloy wheels, electric opening and shutting tailgate, it really is a fantastic vehicle and worth considering when you change.

The dash plastic on the CX5 I thought was no better than the GS,in particular the rear door card that had badly scratched on the demo car, a major consideration with a 4 year old, although it was not the worst interior, that was the Toyota Rav 4 closely followed by the Hyundai Tucsan, the best interior has to be the Volvo range.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to do a long journey in the GS, if it is anything like the 6 (or the 3 for that matter) it will be superb, and that 168BHP unit is sweet.

My MG6 will be 5 years old in December and it is also like new, I am only selling it as I fancy a change.

Enjoy your CX5, and I will enjoy my GS
Each to their own and shows how diverse we all are.

I couldn't conceive of spending £32k on the X-trail in any form personally as for me it's not especially attractive, the drive is OK, the interior is dated and I just didn't like it.

You can get all those gadgets on the CX-5 for considerably less money, have a more comfortable ride and a lot more fun. For me the CX-5 is a class above the x-trail at any price point.

With regards to longevity, ours has had no problem surviving a 4 year old jumping in and out. Seats, door card - everything good as new.

TBH the CX-5 is SWMBOs and I prefer to drive my own car - preferably with the top down - but I'm quite happy to zip about in the Mazda

As for the GS, you probably have hit the nail on the head for me - its like the MG6. I have driven many miles in an MG6 and enjoyed none of them. I was genuinely happy to give it back.

Which I guess is why there are still so many car manufacturers and models on the road - we all look at things differently.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 12:59

Mine has arrived and sitting on the drive

Mirtininkas and littlechicken like this.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 14:52

Car: MG TF 135 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post

Nice looking car - not seen one in that metallic before
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrew View Post
Nice looking car - not seen one in that metallic before
That is Mocha Brown, I won't be surprised if there aren't many in this colour. It looks like it's a love it or hate it colour.
littlechicken likes this.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 20:52 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post

Looks awesome, the colour suits the exclusive model.

Still not got a delivery date, but I got a message this week.

I will try a delay delivery now until September.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 06:59

Car: CityRover
Is that with cream leather seats or black? Ordered one with black and been waiting since 17 Jul 16 to find out when I can expect to get it (maybe not until Dec)
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 08:00

Iím surprised you can order this colour with black leather as itís not shown as an option. Iím thinking of buying one and would probably have gone for a black one but not with cream leather. Who have you ordered yours through?
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD185 View Post
Is that with cream leather seats or black? Ordered one with black and been waiting since 17 Jul 16 to find out when I can expect to get it (maybe not until Dec)
That Mocha Brown is with cream leather