MG GS ordered - Page 2 - MG-Rover.org Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 19:50

Car: MG GS Exclusive DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbob View Post
I?m surprised you can order this colour with black leather as it?s not shown as an option. I?m thinking of buying one and would probably have gone for a black one but not with cream leather. Who have you ordered yours through?
Apparently you can now order with any exterior and interior colour combination you want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 00:39 Thread Starter

Car: scimitar ss1,1800 ti, Bond Bug,MG GS Exclusive, Nissan XTrail Tekna T32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD185 View Post
Is that with cream leather seats or black? Ordered one with black and been waiting since 17 Jul 16 to find out when I can expect to get it (maybe not until Dec)
Ordered mine on 25/6, still not got it yet, it is orange with black leather
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 00:40 Thread Starter

Quote:
I’m surprised you can order this colour with black leather as it’s not shown as an option. I’m thinking of buying one and would probably have gone for a black one but not with cream leather. Who have you ordered yours through?
It is black leather my order. Speak to Simon Bennett at the MG Salescentre

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 23:08

Car: MG GS Exclusive DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlechicken View Post
It is black leather my order. Speak to Simon Bennett at the MG Salescentre
Has it arrived yet?
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 00:04 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
Has it arrived yet?
Next week when we get it,
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 18-12-2016, 01:42 Thread Starter

I picked my GS up 2 weeks ago, very pleased with it and worth the wait
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 18-12-2016, 11:16

Car: CityRover
Got to hand it to you Chicken, unlike some others, you certainly put your money where your mouth is. Hope you enjoy your new car.
What was the reason for the delay?
littlechicken likes this.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 18-12-2016, 16:59

Car: MG TF
I picked mine up 5 weeks ago and Iíve done just over 2000 miles. For the price and the deal, 5 years interest free and 5 years warranty, I think itís an excellent car. Friends and colleagues are surprised at what you get for the money. It does have a few quirks like the pre-recorded Chinese song on the music system and the indicator reminder sound which comes from whichever direction the indicators are flashing, I can only assume this is to help blind drivers (we have plenty of them around here).

The remote unlocking operates from the furthest of any vehicle Iíve owned, far enough so that if you donít walk fast enough itíll lock again before you get to the car.

I opted for a full size spare which in hindsight I think may have been a mistake as you donít get a jack or wheel brace. Simon got me a jack but I still havenít got a wheel brace or jack handle and no way to stow the items. You also canít fit the under floor tray or fit the tonneau in its stowage place. The threaded rod on the spare wheel clamp isnít long enough but an F/TF one, which looks identical, has a longer rod.

The leather seats are nice if a bit firm, and after about 2 hours are bit of a pain in the posterior but hopefully theyíll soften up. The heated seats are good and if anything are too good.

The DAB radio works well but every now and then if someone is talking theyíll repeat themselves, I donít know if it does the same with music as I only every listen to Radio 4. Itís a bit like an audio version of the scene in the Matrix where Neo sees a cat and then sees it again a few seconds later.

It handles well and the ride is fairly good given our third world roads. The fuel economy seems reasonable but Iíll wait until itís fully run in before doing my calculations. Rear seat passengers have commented how much space there is and although the boot isnít huge the rear seats fold easily to provide a flat floor.

The cabin is well insulated and road noise is also reasonable, no doubt helped by the Michelin tyres.

If anyone is looking for a car in this class Iíd recommend taking a GS for a test drive.
Jimdefruit likes this.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 18-12-2016, 18:00
gots me a pair o' MGs

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Garages
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
Quote:
I picked mine up 5 weeks ago and Iíve done just over 2000 miles.
Nice review. You seem pleased with the car which is encouraging. Which model have you gone for?

Quote:
It does have a few quirks like the pre-recorded Chinese song on the music system
So much for promoting the Britishness

Quote:
.....and the indicator reminder sound which comes from whichever direction the indicators are flashing,
Nice touch.

Quote:
I opted for a full size spare which in hindsight I think may have been a mistake as you donít get a jack or wheel brace.
That's ridiculous. What's the official MG line of how to fit the spare wheel they have supplied you?
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 18-12-2016, 19:50 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Stalsis View Post
Got to hand it to you Chicken, unlike some others, you certainly put your money where your mouth is. Hope you enjoy your new car.
What was the reason for the delay?
Thanks. I was close to getting a Qashqai Tekna 1.2 to keep the XTrail company but preferred the performance and handling of the GS.

I ordered an orange Exclusive with black leather interior.
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 18-12-2016, 21:17

Car: CityRover
Quote:
The DAB radio works well but every now and then if someone is talking theyíll repeat themselves, I donít know if it does the same with music as I only every listen to Radio 4. Itís a bit like an audio version of the scene in the Matrix where Neo sees a cat and then sees it again a few seconds later.
Is there a button on the stereo with this logo?

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 19-12-2016, 20:12

Car: MG TF
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
Nice review. You seem pleased with the car which is encouraging. Which model have you gone for?

That's ridiculous. What's the official MG line of how to fit the spare wheel they have supplied you?
I went for an Exclusive in white, I've always liked white cars and the first MG I bought was white. I went for the Exclusive as I though the additional features you get over and above the Excite were worth the additional £2K when amortised over the 5 years I expect to keep the car.

To clarify the situation with the spare wheel, the options list includes an alloy wheel which I ordered and Simon arranged for a tyre to be fitted to it. So to be fair they donít actually offer a full sized spare but all the same it would be nice to be able to purchase all the missing bits. My reason for wanting a full sized spare is Murphy dictates Iíll be hundreds of miles from home when I need it and the thought of driving several hundred miles at 50MPH doesnít appeal.

There are a couple of other options I would have liked, front parking sensors (which I found very useful on my previous car), ďbendyĒ headlights as fitted to the later version 6 and a memory function for the driverís seat (which may be expecting a bit much but the other half keeps moving it)

A few more thoughts a prospective buyer might find of interest.

I did order a couple of other items with the car. A towbar which is a very neat installation and when the hook/ball is removed shows no sign one is fitted, even the electrical socket folds out of the way. Mud flaps, a bit pricey but neat even though the spring clips were fitted back to front. Rubber boot matt, reasonable price and it feels very tough. Under boot floor storage tray but as previously mentioned I had to return it as it wouldnít fit with the full size spare.

One item Iím not keen on is the side steps, these make getting in and out more of a chore than it needs to be, yes I do know you can remove them and Iím still may do that.

The back window is bit small and restricts the view in the rear mirror, the automatic rear view mirror is good but it takes a little getting used to.

The steering wheel looks odd with a blank section on the right hand side where the cruise control should be.

I do like the cooled glove box although I havenít needed it yet and I do like the reversing camera albeit both it and the back of the car get very dirty when the roads are wet.

The passenger compartment fuse box still eludes me, why do I want to know where it is?, in the (probably vain) hope that I might pick up a supply for my dashcam as you can in the F/TF.

The mileage to empty function goes crazy when you need it most, going from plenty of fuel left to youíre about to run out now, for no apparent reason. Perhaps itís a Chinese joke?

The information display between the 2 dials is very informative but itís a shame itís not the same white as the dials, probably just my OCD.

The engine pulls well and almost has the feel of a diesel once the turbo spins up but does suffer from a bit of lag on occasions. It looks like it could be reasonably economical if the onboard MPG is to be believed but Iíll need to wait until itís run in and then use my own figures to confirm this.

Most of the above are just personal observations and I still think itís a good car. I would recommend it to a prospective buyer on my experience so far.