Took a Test drive - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 12:13 Thread Starter

Car: rover 75 2.5 (LPG) & TF 160
Took a Test drive

On Saturday I popped in to Apple MG and had a test drive of a Manual GS exclusive. I will be in the market for a more sensible motor early next year.

I was really very impressed, nice place to be, comfortable seat and felt sure footed on the road. the engine pulled nicely all the way to 80 ish without any strain, little bit of engine noise in the cab with foot down but that seems to be the same for all new vehicles with smaller turbo engines I have recently driven.

The tech seems to be integrated nicely allowing control of climate control from the touchscreen or the buttons UI was clear and user friendly, DAB worked well as did sat nav.

All round still very much on my list. Just need to find one with the auto box to test drive now.

Incidentally had a ford focus auto as a hire car for a week recently and it was one of the worst cars I have ever driven. so bad that the wife and I took the kuga off our list of cars to try as the gearbox would be the same unit.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 14:32

Car: Other Manufacturer
Good to see something like this from an 'ordinary punter' ( if you'll excuse the tag). Means more than some of the drivel spouted from some of the motoring hacks that gets published.

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MG-Rover.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.