1.8 Turbo K in a ZR - What Do I Need?
I'm looking at putting a 1.8 turbo from a ZT/75 in my ZR and as I've not done anything like this before I thought it'd be a good idea to get some advice from people with some experience with this sort of thing. Basically I'm looking for anything I've missed from my shopping list and anything to look out for when doing the swap.
Shopping list so far:
- 1.8 k turbo complete engine from ZT 160 or 75 150
- Modified piping and exhaust
- Different fuel regulator and boost valve - Kmaps has said they can supply those
- ECU remap by Kmaps
- PG1 gearbox - I'm looking at using the one from the ZR/25 TD for the longer ratios and higher torque rating and because it'll fit straight into my ZR, I assume it should fit being a PG1
- I've got a flywheel from an MGF 120 because I ideally want one lighter than the diesel one and once again I've assumed it'll fit as it's the same 'box
- Clutch kit
- Gear and clutch linkages, driveshafts and crank pos sensor for the PG1 as I've got a 1.4 with the IB5 at the minute - hopefully get them with the gearbox
- Possibly a VVC head if I can find one within budget
- I've heard I may need an upgraded fuel pump but haven't confirmed yet
That's what I've got so far but no doubt I've missed something or got something wrong so if I have could you let me know.