Trying to find time
Quick update, the alternator belt was on and the connections tight so assumed it was the alternator gone / fubarred
Luckily i have an inspection hatch behind the drivers seat so i had a quick look and managed to get the alternator out, little worried it has no heat shield so will place one on it when back on.
Took it to local alternator checking place (technical term of course) and they span it up and deemed it a working alternator !!!! A little confused they suggested i could of dropped it / rolled about the car and the bushes maybe connecting. I hope so, so i asked them to refurb as i have no idea what alternator it is.
Once the alternator was off i went in search of the oil leak, so off came the rear clam, and found the exhaust manifold was leaking
This is the second one to go so the flange (he he) cant be straight so it will have to come off and be skimmed.......I did tweak the bolts and it has made it better. Oil leak though, seems to be the cam carrier so will have to take off the rocker cover and tweak the bolts. I have a ported and polished head with some wilder cams to go in so may just do it all at the same time but this will be after the Geo and Spray job.....
Bought some upgraded Toe links from Elise Parts too, thought as the geo will be done in the next few weeks i might as well upgrade them.....plus the plan is to get some ZZR's and do some track days