What's up with the site ? - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 23:40 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: MG ZS
What's up with the site ?

Keeps asking me to sign in everytime I come on here, plus constant adverts popping up all the time
If this keeps up I won't be back on here for a while it's getting on my nerves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 00:07
Administrator

Car: MG TF 135 Platinum Silver, Skoda Roomster
Garages
Not sure why you are being continuously asked to log in, perhaps try clearing the browsers cache to see if that works.

In theory as a supporter you shouldn't be seeing many adverts, however sadly I have to use an add blocker to make the site usable.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 08:42
Rover Lifestyle

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape'
Also have you tick the box to remember you when you login? If not, you will need to login every time and that is not going to change.
This tick box is not visible in classic view, but in new view and when you login with this box ticked, you can revert to classic view.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 14:07 Thread Starter
Supporter

It's worse today, had to log in again even though I ticked box, lots of adds. Even adds in yours replies plus a message came up saying my iPad was selected for prize and I could not get passed this so had to close and re enter site and sign in again. Started yesterday, noticed the message was back on home page saying pass word needs changing
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 15:57
Rover Lifestyle

Which browser you are using on which operating system?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 16:58
Administrator

Garages
That sounds more like malware on your local device, I know that the adds on this site can be seen as a pain but nothing has been reported as being that invasive.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-11-2016, 02:48 Thread Starter
Supporter

It won't be malware and don't have operating system as I only use iPad. Not aware of them hacking apple products yet.
What happens is when I open the forum I am signed out, if I click on a section and then a post I will see adds on there and also get a page come up saying you have been selected for a prize bla bla, but I can't get off that page unless I close the forum.
When I actually log in the forum works fine but it's a pain if you leave the forum open and say go onto eBay for a short period as when I return I have to sign in again? Oh and it's not my iPad air2 because all other sites are working fine so any ideas ?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-11-2016, 07:14
Administrator

Garages
Not sure why you keep getting logged out other than an issue with the local cache, I use an iPad via Safari to view the forum most of the time and haven't seen the same issue.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-11-2016, 07:17
Rover Lifestyle

This looks odd to me. Like you, I am also not using PC or notebook for accessing site. I am accessing site via my Samsung tablet on Android, but I am using Firefox browser on it. Nevertheless what I am using Firefox, native browser is good as same.
I have no problems accessing the site, and each time I come again, I am logged in, without any problems. I can open eBay in another browser window, and come back to site without any problems. When I close the browser and come back I am still logged in.

To me this looks like you set up security measure to clear your cache and history each time you exit the browser you are using. In that case, all cookies will be cleared and thus you will be logged out from the site every time you close the browser.

Regarding switching to another site like eBay, to me this looks like even stronger security setting, that when you jump to another site, all cache, cookies and history is cleared too.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-11-2016, 14:10 Thread Starter
Supporter

Thanks for reply roverlike mine was exactly the same as you describe up until two days ago, I haven't changed any security settings but I updated the iPad recently so I am thinking that the update has altered something as it did ask me to change the iCloud pass word for extra security.
I will take a look in settings, cheers Bren
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 13-11-2016, 16:29
gnu
Supporter

Car: MG ZS & Rover 200
Garages
My mg-rover.org is fine, but I find photobucket practically unusable nowadays as it has so much rubbish going on

gnu
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 16-11-2016, 09:10

Car: Vauxhall Astra Turbo Diesel. Combo Turbo Diesel. Rover 825 V6 Coupe. Merlin Titanium Mountain Bike.
yes I am getting this all the time now too.

I used to only have to sign in again after using ccleaner to clear my cookies, but now having to sign in all the time regardless.

luckily when I click in the boxes my user name and password are there so I just have to click remember and login. but it does not seem to remember now. works on my pc. I do not bother with mobile phone viewing now because of it.

thankfully they are there though otherwise I have to go about changing passwords as I am dammed if I can ever remember the new long winded ones on this site, as they are far more complex than all the other sites, banks etc.! which even though all are complex and different passwords I can remember them all fine.