MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Head up display unit - can it work with our cars?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  oswestryalex 
#1 ·
I have a MG ZT 190+ from 2003 as well as a Rover 75 saloon from 2001, and both have ports under the steering column that look like OBD II ones.
I have seen head up display units for sale - 3 and 5 inch units - and something like this would be very useful for night time driving. It shows speed mostly on your screen as a projection. But it needs to connect to a OBD II port.
Will this work with the MG ZT and Rover 75?
I have heard scare stories of what happens if you connect a OBD connector to the port on MGs and Rovers - and would rather not find my car in a zillion pieces if I connect up a HUD to that port. So, what do you reckon? Will it kill the car to try? Might it work? If so it would really be a useful additional function.

#3 ·
Hi thanks,
I plugged it into the MG ZT first - as that was newer, and it worked fine, and then the R75 and it too was OK. And this is a real cheapie! Nothing too pricey. Just need to work out how to 'plumb in the wiring'...!! I could use Duck tape, but that's a bodge....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.