Heater blower motor - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 21:29 Thread Starter

Heater blower motor

Allright folks. I have a 2001 rover 45 and the blower motor has 100% burnt out today. Cant afford a brand new one, so a local source has one available but from a rover 25. Does anybody know if this will fit/work in my 45?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 23:27

Car: Rover 400 (95-99)
should be the same motor as far as i know only the resistor pack changed.
this shouldn't effect yours as it should be same resistor pack too.
are you sure its the motor and not the resistor pack that's gone? if all 3 coils go the motor wont work.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 05:58
Rover Lifestyle

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape'
With all three resistors burnt, motor will work only on 4th, highest speed, as this speed does not depend on resistor pack.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 10:20

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir_718 View Post
....... a local source has one available but from a rover 25. Does anybody know if this will fit/work in my 45?
The actual fan assembly (including the outer casing/ducting) is not the same between the two cars.

The part number for the motor/fan assembly for the 400/45/ZS is different from the part number for the motor/fan assembly for the 200/25/ZR, so I would think it won't fit (or will need modification to make it fit - the actual motor within the assembly may well be the same, but whether it can all be easily dismantled and refitted to the 45 fan, I don't know).

For the correct one, you can try looking on eBay, or put out a parts request through one of the second hand parts finder sites such as PartsGateway, 247Spares or Breakersweb (there are many other such sites which can easily be found with a quick internet search).

Oh, and welcome to the forum
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 15:24 Thread Starter

Thanks for everyones help. Had a rumage around the 25 earlier and had no joy trying to hack in amongst it. The car is in a scrapyard (on-top of 3 other smashed cars) that has been a thousand rainfalls inside and out. Even if I did get it wiggled out Im unsure if it whould work or if the electrics whould fry the rest of the car. Just going to hack around on the entirenet and try find a resnable price.