"The K-Series Head Gasket" - PPC Magazine technical article. - Page 6 - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #101 of 104 (permalink) Old 20-01-2014, 08:09

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
I think the period is pretty obvious tbh - "for the Rover 75 or any other car built in the 1990s/early 2000s"

I don't know of anywhere that such a list is publicly available. Have you tried contacting MG Motor at Longbridge. They still hold some of the records from those days and some of the MG Motor staff worked for MG Rover.

As the request has been initially posted under a thread regarding the K series engine, I am assuming that there would be a particular interest in that range of engines - in which case I would highly recommend getting hold of a copy of The Rover K-Series 16V Engine by Des Hammill (published by CPPress; ISBN: 1 84155 688 2) as a good starting point. In it, the author lists all the component suppliers for that range of engines.

A visit to a scrapyard and removal of interior trim parts may reveal a number of makers names for smaller parts as there is often a label stuck to the rear of such parts which has the suppliers name on it.

If you are able to come up with a comprehensive list of component suppliers, I am sure many of us here would be interested to see it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 104 (permalink) Old 30-10-2015, 06:33

Car: MG ZT 260
The problem with the FL is the extra oil cooler for the IRD (Intermediate Reduction Drive/transfer box)
post #103 of 104 (permalink) Old 25-05-2017, 22:11

Just wondering if any one can help me recently brought a mg zr 2005 got back realised there was a lot of oil and gunk in the coolent anyway I've changed the head gasket the bolts I didn't change but they didn't look like there was any problem the timing where our by about 7 8 notches? Was a bit weird but I put it back now there seems to be having a lot of water spraying out the back and when I put the throttle on seems it sprays a bit more any help would be greatlful dean

post #104 of 104 (permalink) Old 26-05-2017, 13:11

Car: Evolution VII RS, MK5 RS2000, Trackday MK2 ZR 160, MK2 ZS 120+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Baker View Post
Just wondering if any one can help me recently brought a mg zr 2005 got back realised there was a lot of oil and gunk in the coolent anyway I've changed the head gasket the bolts I didn't change but they didn't look like there was any problem the timing where our by about 7 8 notches? Was a bit weird but I put it back now there seems to be having a lot of water spraying out the back and when I put the throttle on seems it sprays a bit more any help would be greatlful dean
Sure the intake manifold isn't leaking