Possible mk2 zr express for sale - MG-Rover.org Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Man in the Car

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 19-03-2017, 21:51 Thread Starter

Possible mk2 zr express for sale

Hey ladies and gents, I've found myself in a bit of a sticky situation with a very rare mark two zr express, my father has recently moved and no longer can have the car/van he wants me to have it due to the cars rarity but for one I don't even have a driving license and two even if I did I couldn't afford the insurance, I was just wonder if you guys could give me a rough estimate on how much it would be worth, I have to decide either to store the car or sell it, help pleaseeeeee (Mileage is unknown at this current time because not yet in my possession)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 20-03-2017, 00:28

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
Welcome to the forum

Without more information, it is difficult to assess the possible value. A 1.8 engined 160 will usually be more desirable than either a Td or a 1.4 engined 105 and will therefore command a premium in value. The 105 will also probably have a greater desirability and value than the Td - there were only 24 Express 105s in total, and only four were Mk2s. Colour also makes a slight difference with the more exciting blues reds and yellows being more desirable than the silver and greys which made up the biggest part of the Express production.

Ultimately, the biggest effect on value will be mileage and condition.

Over the last couple of years I have seen selling values on eBay and Gumtree ranging from the low hundreds of pounds for high mileage workworn/tatty diesels to 1500 to 2000 for well looked after and excellent condition 160s with a full service history.

These vehicles are getting old now, but have not yet reached proper 'classic' status and MG and Rover values generally are about rock bottom. A good condition Mk2 Express (there were only about 50 Mk2 Express built) will rise in value in the future I feel sure, so (if you have a dry garage or shed) I would strongly consider storing it properly, rather than sell it on in a hurry
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 20-03-2017, 09:27

Car: Evolution VII RS, MK5 RS2000, Trackday MK2 ZR 160, MK2 ZS 120+
I'll be interested if cheap as doing a drag race car and the flat boot floor be good for the fuel tank

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 20-03-2017, 11:03

Car: 06 MG ZR+120
The floor of the vans is identical to the floor of the cars - the boards of the the load floor are fitted over a separate box steel frame bolted over the normal 25/ZR floorpan. Nothing that you can't easily fit to any 25/ZR, and possibly not suitable for safely fixing a fuel tank to anyway?

Perhaps worth pointing out that there is a 3 fee to pay before selling items on mg-rover.org, so if this gets turned into a 'sale' thread, the mods will remove it (http://forums.mg-rover.org/payments.php).
Chris T likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 20-03-2017, 11:36

Car: Evolution VII RS, MK5 RS2000, Trackday MK2 ZR 160, MK2 ZS 120+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man in the Car View Post
The floor of the vans is identical to the floor of the cars - the boards of the the load floor are fitted over a separate box steel frame bolted over the normal 25/ZR floorpan. Nothing that you can't easily fit to any 25/ZR, and possibly not suitable for safely fixing a fuel tank to anyway?

Perhaps worth pointing out that there is a 3 fee to pay before selling items on mg-rover.org, so if this gets turned into a 'sale' thread, the mods will remove it (http://forums.mg-rover.org/payments.php).
I must say ive never seen a van I just done a google search the other night and looked like it had a flat floor
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-03-2017, 08:21

Car: Rovers - 75's, 600 & 25
I have to say I do like these express vans.. when I saw this thread I started looking online at them.. lol...

Can't get one yet though... too many cars at the mo..