MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Want to know your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SteveChilds 
#1 ·
Then take a look here.

http://www.race-technology.com/WebPage/Products/Accelerometer/ap22/Ap22Introduction.htm

The AP22 is £160 plus VAT and is capable of accurately calculating acceleration and provides real time readings of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times plus a whole lot more.

It even outputs the specific g-force through acceleration.

Has anyone ever experienced any performance measuring meter in the past and able to comment?

The attractive thing about this one is that it simply mounts on your dash without the need for any wiring, and thus can be transfered from car to car!

---
Originally posted by Steve Taylor and then accidentally deleted by Mr Muppet here! ;) :(

#2 ·
Just 1 little word of caution though, Max Power ( Car Magazine ) tested one of these a few years ago against some industry standard testing gear and found that they were a little inaccurate. From what I remember they flattered you by about a second on both times ( 0-60 and 1/4 mile ) Still good for settling those arguments between you and your mate about whose motor is quicker!

Steve W
TF135

#3 ·
I was approached by the company in Nottingham that sells them as they wanted to put an advert in the Performance Metro Clubs mag. I said we could do a free advert for them if they would loan me a device to take to santa pod and do a technical write up. I never heard from them again?? Strange that!

Mike
PMC

#5 ·
I've used an AP22 on several occasions and found it to be unnervingly accurate.

It gave me 196HP on my 216 turbo cabriolet and it was measured 3 days later at 192hp!

The 1/4 mile times were also very close !

Having completely retuned my car it now feels much quicker than it did before and the AP22 says 242HP ! - god I hope so :)

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.