Worldwide appreciation of MGs and Rovers - MG-Rover.org Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MGJohn

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 11:42 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: MG Montego Turbo; 620ti x3; MG ZS; MGF and MG ZT 1.8t x2; MG ZT-T x1
Cool Worldwide appreciation of MGs and Rovers

Some may have read here and elsewhere that I believe "our" cars are more fairly regarded and valued outside Britain than by the average UK car consumer. For more than twenty years I have helped owners worldwide obtain parts hard to find in their countries.

I was again reminded of this when checking my mailbox this morning. An enthusiast in Italy sent me some pictures of his Rover 600 which included fitting the larger 620ti Brake Calipers I sent to him. Very impressive attention to detail here :~

Yes, appreciated even in a country like Italy with its own very rich automotive history. Nice to know one of my all time favourite "ordinary" cars, the MG Montego Turbo is also appreciated in the land of the prancing horse. Like these two beauties :~

Always nice to see when folks send me images of the cars they own from distant lands.
barkingdog likes this.

Apparently ... in a parallel universe MGJohn drives .........A.......

B>>M>>W ....

Arrrrrggghhhhh......... ......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 17:07

Car: MG TF 135, MG ZS+ 120
Send a message via MSN to LeRich
I would certainly agree John that MGs and Rovers in particular seem to be held in better regard abroad. Used prices certainly reflect this and is partly down to different attitudes towards car and brands.

Export sales had potential to be so much better and it was the poor overseas network that is one of the lesser-voiced factors that helped kill the company off. Following the separation from BMW and LR, MGR had little overseas presence and while MGR made efforts to engage new local distributors, it simply wasn't enough.